Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new front seat belts for my '95. I've seen aftermarket belts that need adapters and extenders. Who sells belts that are close to factory and attach to the stock mounting points without all that crap?

·
Registered
79 Posts
We had good luck with the seat belts we got through Quadratec. All bolt holes lined up. Just make sure you have torkbits.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We had good luck with the seat belts we got through Quadratec. All bolt holes lined up. Just make sure you have torkbits.
Do the ones from Quadratec mount to the same points/holes? I have all my original hardware, it's in good shape. Another question, did you have to buy the plastic sleeves that goes over the buckle side belts?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought (front) from morris 4x4 and the belts use all the factory mounting hardware and locations. They are fine but I'm not 100% happy. The locking mechanism (which locks you in if you get in a wreck or brake hard, for example) locks with just a normal pull on the belt, so when I'm putting the belt on I have to pull reaaaallllyyyy slowly or it will lock up. Happens to both driver and passenger belts, and I have to explain it to anyone new riding with me to pull slooooowwwwwwlllllly which is kindof annoying. Once they are on they seem fine. The webbing seems a bit thinner than the stock, but my stock ones were nasty, frayed, gooped up, didn't retract consistently, etc.

Oh, and I reused the plastic housings that hold up the center lap belt thing, mine were in good shape. The belts I bought from morris did not include those plastic pieces.

·
Registered
79 Posts
When we replaced seat belts in 2013, all parts were included; nothing else needed to be purchased. All parts went in the existing mounts, and no adapters were needed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought (front) from morris 4x4 and the belts use all the factory mounting hardware and locations. They are fine but I'm not 100% happy. The locking mechanism (which locks you in if you get in a wreck or brake hard, for example) locks with just a normal pull on the belt, so when I'm putting the belt on I have to pull reaaaallllyyyy slowly or it will lock up. Happens to both driver and passenger belts, and I have to explain it to anyone new riding with me to pull slooooowwwwwwlllllly which is kindof annoying. Once they are on they seem fine. The webbing seems a bit thinner than the stock, but my stock ones were nasty, frayed, gooped up, didn't retract consistently, etc. Oh, and I reused the plastic housings that hold up the center lap belt thing, mine were in good shape. The belts I bought from morris did not include those plastic pieces.
I have the same problem with my replacement. Kind of a pain when helping kids buckle up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts