Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 banger wrangler just purchased last week it has a glass pack on it the sounds awful anyone have any recommendations on what I should put on I want something with a little sound but not be to obnoxious don't want it to sound like a neon with a fart can

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
What year is it? I only ask because the older 2.5L and the newer 2.4L have a totally different sound. I have a 06 with the 2.4L. And I have a 13" glasspack connected to a single chamber flow master muffler. It's just a bit louder than stock but has a nice little growl once you get into the 3k rpm range. And no highway drone either

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yeah with the 2.5 which is basically a tractor motor for lack of a better comparison.... Anything other than a stock muffler is gonna be pretty obnoxious at a higher rpm

·
Registered
24 Posts
Search the online databases for used auto parts. You can find something thats made for the vehicle in great condition for cheap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Dynomax muffler on my 98 and i like it. It's cheap and it definitely makes some noise. It's a little rumbly, I think it sounds very Jeepy. It should be a lot cheaper than any other options too. I'd recommend it but I don't have much experience with other mufflers on 2.5Ls to compare to. I don't have a clip but I found this on youtube. Hope it helps!

2.5L Jeep Wrangler TJ Exhaust Clip: Dynomax Super Turbo, No Cat - YouTube

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just put a flow master 44 on my 2000 2.5 L and love the sound no drone sound on hi way and just a good rumble or as good 2.5 L can sound at idle happy !!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts