Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 years ago or so I put rancho 9000xls on my TJ and noticed this past week the front right one is leaking. So it appears I need new shocks again.

Trying to see what the recommendations from the masses are between OME and Bilstein 5100.

I have narrowed my choices down to those 2 just wanted to see what you all have or have had as far as experiences with them.

·
Registered
964 Posts
About 2 years ago or so I put rancho 9000xls on my TJ and noticed this past week the front right one is leaking. So it appears I need new shocks again.

Trying to see what the recommendations from the masses are between OME and Bilstein 5100.

I have narrowed my choices down to those 2 just wanted to see what you all have or have had as far as experiences with them.
I have a buddy running ome, and he loves them, I also have another buddy who has tried rancho 9000 bilstien 5100 and ome, he says rancho rides the best, but ome and bilstien are almost the same, bilstien is a little bit more compfy on road, not my opinion just my buddies

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Ranchos 9000s have a limited lifetime warranty (reason I went with them) that has a "product defect code" for leaking.

Here is the form http://www.gorancho.com/downloads/warranty/warranty_claim.pdf

To make a claim under this warranty, return the worn-out or defective product with the dated original receipt to the dealer or retailer from whom it was purchased or to a Tenneco dealer for verification and exchange under this warranty.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I've been running OME Nitrochargers for about 3 years, and really like them. You may also want to check out the new Rancho RS5000X shocks...I've see a lot of very positive comments on the forum about them and they are quite a bit less expensive, but I don't have first hand experience with them.

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ranchos 9000s have a limited lifetime warranty (reason I went with them) that has a "product defect code" for leaking. Here is the form http://www.gorancho.com/downloads/warranty/warranty_claim.pdf To make a claim under this warranty, return the worn-out or defective product with the dated original receipt to the dealer or retailer from whom it was purchased or to a Tenneco dealer for verification and exchange under this warranty.
and while my leaking shock and the replacement are in transit for an undisclosed period of time, I walk?? This is my only vehicle and my DD. While the warranty is good, it doesn't offer much when you have to mail their defective product back first.

·
Registered
969 Posts
While some feel they are a bit stiff, I absolutely love my Bistein 5100's. Paired with my progressive rate springs my jeep rides great both on and off road.

·
Registered
964 Posts
and while my leaking shock and the replacement are in transit for an undisclosed period of time, I walk?? This is my only vehicle and my DD. While the warranty is good, it doesn't offer much when you have to mail their defective product back first.
Hah that made me laugh

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Limited Lifetime Warranty / 90-Day Risk-Free Ride Offer

"To make a claim under this warranty, return the worn-out or defective product with the dated original receipt to the dealer or retailer from whom it was purchased or to a Tenneco dealer for verification and exchange under this warranty. "

Most would order you a new one then exchange it there. Unless you have shitty 4x4 shops in you area that wouldn't get you a new on first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts