Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a soft top for my YJ but I have some questions. I know I want a soft top that I can eventually install full steel doors or the upgraded door sliders that have the full door shape. But, for now I would have to run the the normal uppers for the door. Is there a kit that can do both? There is a kit from rampage I am thinking about getting but I just dont know what to do until I can afford the doors.

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
I couldn't find anything... My soft top had the sharp corners as well. Then I got a hard top with rounded corners. It sat by the garage until I could find hard doors to work w/it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
That doesn't work with his current pointed edge half door uppers though unfortunately.

Your options are to get the Rampage kit made for full doors and a set of Bestop upper doors or a full Bestop soft top that includes the half doors. Those will work with full factory doors as well.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, I'm now thinking just rip the old top off, buy a bikini, get a cab cover and I will never have the top on in the first place. Then I will have enough money to buy a new CV/SYE. Man,the last month I dropped over 3,000 in this Jeep. Crack is spelled J.E.E.P.:banghead:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a safari top, duster, and windjammer for sale if you're interesting. Spice color. Brand new condition. Only on jeep for couple months, only driven around neighborhood.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Honestly, I'm now thinking just rip the old top off, buy a bikini, get a cab cover and I will never have the top on in the first place. Then I will have enough money to buy a new CV/SYE. Man,the last month I dropped over 3,000 in this Jeep. Crack is spelled J.E.E.P.:banghead:
Haha! welcome to the club! JustEmptyEveryPocket!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts