Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday everyone! About 2 months ago I did the stupid thing and buy before researching and now I'm paying the price. I bought a set of yokohama geolandar G015. Size I'm running is 285/75r17 10 ply E rated. I've dropped it down to 27psi when they warmed up and still drives bad.
They just don't absorb bumps, bad roads and pot holes very well.

I'm considering going to Falken wildpeak at3w 275/70r17 6 ply C rated tire which I'm sure should drive more comfortable. My question is, is there anything out there more soft in a LT tire that anyone can recommend? Or will that be soft enough? I've changed to evo Plush ride coils from ome and it made an improvement, but I still think the tires can be improved

·
Registered
165 Posts
While "comfort" levels are subjective to our individual bodies, I can say that I have the Falkens in E rating and, to me, they ride very smooth and comfortably. And that's running high on the PSI. I'd be hard pressed to think the C rated wouldn't be even more comfy. Though I am on 255/80-17s, so they are pretty narrow...

·
Super Moderator
6,794 Posts
Generally a C rated tire will have a better ride quality for a Jeep compared to an E rated tire.
There are also differences between brands, some brand tires of a given rating will deliver a more comfortable ride than the same rating tires from another brand.
Personally, I would not want an E rated tire on a Jeep unless it was super heavy with armor and other add ons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts