Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AEV hood and Pocket Fenders came back from Texas with a fresh coat of Kevlar Paint. Also arrived today were my Rigid D2 Dually lights. Going to be installing both tomorrow. My question is this. Should I replace the HiLites on the windshield with the D2's or should I add the D2's to the Push bar above the winch where there is a spot for mounting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is one sick paint job! I would put the d2s on the push bar just because it looks a little empty with those two open mounting spots. And the more light, the more fun you have.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I vote windshield. You've got a nice full look down by the bumpers and i really like how duallys look up top by the windshield.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Still loving that paint job! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Sorry, now back to your regularly scheduled topic. :whistling:

·
Registered
222 Posts
My two cents... mount the D2's on the windshield and move the KC's to the rear if possible, never know when you need a little more light behind you. Second option, move the KC's to the spot on top of the bar.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
^ I second that idea.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My AEV hood and Pocket Fenders came back from Texas with a fresh coat of Kevlar Paint. Also arrived today were my Rigid D2 Dually lights. Going to be installing both tomorrow. My question is this. Should I replace the HiLites on the windshield with the D2's or should I add the D2's to the Push bar above the winch where there is a spot for mounting?
Depends on the beam pattern or purpose you want to use them for.

On the windshield you usually want spot beam if pointing them straight to the front, since you have the hood right there, floor or driving pattern may reflect on the hood and glare or waste the beam of light. Unless the purpose of them is to be pointing towards the sides slightly to have more side illumination rather than front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts