Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all I have a 93' jeep wrangler and my passenger seat wont stay in a locked in position that isn't almost completely laid back because the handle is broke, and my drivers seat is basically holding on by a stitch where you actually sit, so I obviously need new seat. I was wondering if anyone had insight on what type or brand seats are the most durable without completely braking my bank? I know there are seat covers that are water resistant( i think they are made out of the same type of material as wet suits) but do they have seats that are actually made with that material? I am sort of overwhelmed looking and need some insight guys, so any help is awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I just found out on here that some gm seats like cavalier seats are a direct bolt in. Had no idea. Apparently that's the case and I'm sure they're super cheap.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Cavalier/Sunfire/Alero seats from the late 90s cars are a direct bolt in.
Just unbolt the old seats from the adjusters and bolt in the new ones.
Get them from a 2 door car so the backs can fold forward.
These are from a 98 Sunfire 2 door.

·
Registered
957 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been shopping around for seats my self. I haven o problem adjusting the seat to fit the seat risers so i'm looking at all the options. I decided not to get new seats, will rather explore some junk yards in NJ and get seats i like. I heard Lincoln seats are good to sit on in the jeep.

·
Registered
493 Posts
As much as it is cool to save the money on seats, I just think having caviler seats or alero seats take something away from the YJ. Go stock, find a set in the junk yard or buy new... I know they are expensive but I think it is worth it to have the jeep seats

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think your cheapest option will be salvage yard seats, either sunfire or other yj seats. But these will not be water resistant, so you'll need seat covers. There are many aftermarket options, and some are weather resistant or weatherproof.

Personally I think when it's time for new seats I'm going to get corbeau Moab seats. You can get them made with neoprene (wetsuit material). They are more expensive ($300 each). But they bolt right up and are made by one of the most reputable seat makers, and will definitely last.

·
Registered
742 Posts
As much as it is cool to save the money on seats, I just think having caviler seats or alero seats take something away from the YJ. Go stock, find a set in the junk yard or buy new... I know they are expensive but I think it is worth it to have the jeep seats
X2. I just don't get how cloth seats could ever work in a jeep. Mine are similar to the ones TNP775 is running. Totally indestructible and perfect when you get caught with your top down. Or doors off. I just don't get how cloth seats could ever work in a jeep.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
X2. I just don't get how cloth seats could ever work in a jeep. Mine are similar to the ones TNP775 is running. Totally indestructible and perfect when you get caught with your top down. Or doors off. I just don't get how cloth seats could ever work in a jeep.
Hey brother..thought maybe you had run away to fruit and fairy land...

I agree on the cloth seats although the factory seats in my 91 yj are cloth..since I have 2 cj7's without tops or doors,I never remove the top on the 91 so it's not a problem ..

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey brother..thought maybe you had run away to fruit and fairy land...

I agree on the cloth seats although the factory seats in my 91 yj are cloth..since I have 2 cj7's without tops or doors,I never remove the top on the 91 so it's not a problem ..
You're not getting rid of me that easily. But WAIT A SECOND!!!!!!!!! What's that I see?.....when did you become a MODERATOR??????? That's soooooo frickin cool brother and nobody deserves the honor and recognition more than you do. Congrats. Now we can finally talk openly about removing the cats right?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
FYI no seats are water proof/resistant, water and dirt can penetrate the seat at the seams and around the edges of the covering.My original seat frames rusted out and the coverings were perfectly fine.If you want waterproof seats get one of those white plastic lawn chairs.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
You're not getting rid of me that easily. But WAIT A SECOND!!!!!!!!! What's that I see?.....when did you become a MODERATOR??????? That's soooooo frickin cool brother and nobody deserves the honor and recognition more than you do. Congrats. Now we can finally talk openly about removing the cats right?:lmao::lmao::lmao:
cool..never want to get rid of you..

Yeah,I like this site and don't mind helping out if I can..But,I'm still the Barney of Mayberry..I only have 1 bullet and keep it in my pocket unless needed..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Cavalier/Sunfire/Alero seats from the late 90s cars are a direct bolt in.
Just unbolt the old seats from the adjusters and bolt in the new ones.
Get them from a 2 door car so the backs can fold forward.
These are from a 98 Sunfire 2 door.
I put a set of best top seats in my YJ and afterwards a friend put a set of these in his YJ. I really like them better and the 450$ savings wouldn't have been too hard to take either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts