Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i currently am running a 3.5'' Rough Country lift which ive been having nothing but issues with the last few months.The steering stabalizer was just replaced and the shocks are already shot not even a year old yet so i have some Bilstein 5100s on the way.My ride feels like im literally on a boat.My buddy whos a mechanic for the hell of it had me jump on my front bumper.Says there is WAY to my play in my springs and i should not be able to compress the springs that much.I did it again but only this time i just pushed down on my bumper and they still compress way too much.Then he pryed on the springs with a screwdriver and he probably could of pulled the spring out in place,so he thinks i need stiffer springs cus mine are just way too soft and explains why going over little bumps and even going around turns my whole truck leans more than it should.PLUS these springs like i said not even a year old are already starting to rust out along with the shocks so im just not a fan of Rough Country and learned sometimes going cheaper doesnt always pay off.SO,my question is what springs should i upgrade to? Was thinking some Rubicons or Rock Krawler.I basically need stiffer springs and gotta tighten up this suspension.Thanks for your time everyone!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just out of curiosity could you post some pics of the offending springs? I have a JK and a JKU both running RC with no issues for years. I'm just curious to see this. I've heard about it but never actually seen the issue.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im going to be installing the new Bilstein 5100s and throwing Rough Countrys garbage shocks in the trash and also taking Rough Countrys garbage springs and throwing those in the trash as well and replacing them with some 3.5'' RK springs.Ill update about my improved ride

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
How's about we go with facts over opinions...
Rk, bds, superlift, zone, procomp (on 97+) rancho, mopar...bad ride...I know that will be contested 100 times so it is what it is.
Good ride...tera, re, aev, mc, synergy, evo...etc.
From a more technical standpoint a lot of how your suspension rides is typically based off of a few factors
1. Geometry
2. Shock selection
3. Completeness of lift. (See 1 and 2)
Numbers 1,2 and 3 come down to you coming off of the money to do it right. Buy half a lift, expect half a lift results.
Also...rk aren't triple progressive...at least not by what I know they currently offer...the only trip prog springs on the market are aev. You can visually see the diff progressions in spring pics...or by actually holding and installing them.

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
How's about we go with facts over opinions... Rk, bds, superlift, zone, procomp (on 97+) rancho, mopar...bad ride...I know that will be contested 100 times so it is what it is. Good ride...tera, re, aev, mc, synergy, evo...etc. From a more technical standpoint a lot of how your suspension rides is typically based off of a few factors 1. Geometry 2. Shock selection 3. Completeness of lift. (See 1 and 2) Numbers 1,2 and 3 come down to you coming off of the money to do it right. Buy half a lift, expect half a lift results. Also...rk aren't triple progressive...at least not by what I know they currently offer...the only trip prog springs on the market are aev. You can visually see the diff progressions in spring pics...or by actually holding and installing them.
How are RK coils in your bad ride list?
The new "triple rate coils" ride great. That from personal experience running them back to back with EVO plush rides. Not from what I read on the Internet.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
How are RK coils in your bad ride list?
The new "triple rate coils" ride great. That from personal experience running them back to back with EVO plush rides. Not from what I read on the Internet.
If they have a new trip coil I haven't seen them yet... my experience with rk has always been shotty shocks (i) shotty lifts (i) shotty ball joints (i) and market saturation. When I ride a good (much less great) rk lift then I will change my mind and I am more than happy to invite them to the shop to prove it...but in my experience with rk...there has always been much much more bang for the buck with other companies.

·
Premium Member
16,998 Posts
How's about we go with facts over opinions... Rk, bds, superlift, zone, procomp (on 97+) rancho, mopar...bad ride...I know that will be contested 100 times so it is what it is. Good ride...tera, re, aev, mc, synergy, evo...etc. From a more technical standpoint a lot of how your suspension rides is typically based off of a few factors 1. Geometry 2. Shock selection 3. Completeness of lift. (See 1 and 2) Numbers 1,2 and 3 come down to you coming off of the money to do it right. Buy half a lift, expect half a lift results. Also...rk aren't triple progressive...at least not by what I know they currently offer...the only trip prog springs on the market are aev. You can visually see the diff progressions in spring pics...or by actually holding and installing them.
I'll simply say that you can't come on strong like that and claim facts over opinion only to provide 100% opinion...

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
If they have a new trip coil I haven't seen them yet... my experience with rk has always been shotty shocks (i) shotty lifts (i) shotty ball joints (i) and market saturation. When I ride a good (much less great) rk lift then I will change my mind and I am more than happy to invite them to the shop to prove it...but in my experience with rk...there has always been much much more bang for the buck with other companies.
RK has made some huge bounds. I did not care for their old joints. The new coils blow away the the old coils. I'm not seeing any complaints with the new pro joint yet and they're about to release a new flex end joint.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
RK has made some huge bounds. I did not care for their old joints. The new coils blow away the the old coils. I'm not seeing any complaints with the new pro joint yet and they're about to release a new flex end joint.
Yayyy...they are catching up with companies 5 years ahead of them. I will call them tomorrow and see what they have to say.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.