Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a tan 99 sport soft top with 136k. The body on the outside is great, the top is fine, 31x10.50 tires are new. Interior is great. Now the problem. Drivers side floorboard is pretty much gone. I know this is a somewhat easy fix. Other than that the Jeep is in great shape. I got the guy down to $6k. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Anything that allows you to see the terrain you're driving over is worth far less than $6,000 in my book! Yes, it is an easy fix but it also tells me that the Wrangler wasn't as cared for as it should have been.

Do you have pictures you can share, especially the undercarriage of it?

How did it drive and did the 4WD system operate correctly?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anything that allows you to see the terrain you're driving over is worth far less than $6,000 in my book! Yes, it is an easy fix but it also tells me that the Wrangler wasn't as cared for as it should have been.

Do you have pictures you can share, especially the undercarriage of it?

How did it drive and did the 4WD system operate correctly?

Agreed!!!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The underside was in pretty good shape. The rust was from people not taking out the carpet to let it dry. As far as how it drove, it drove great and the 4 wheel drive worked great as well. Even the light on the dash works. I took a flathead to the frame all over and took a magnet and paper to the body panels. No leaks in the engine bay or underneath. Diffs were not marked up with usual trail evidence.

·
Registered
155 Posts
As Jasonduke5 said "Look at the frame real good in front of the rear tires. Stick your finger in all the wholes and make sure the frame isn't rusting from the inside out. It is a known spot for them to do that "

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't know what a 99 is worth, but $6,000 sounds like too much just based on the rotted floorboards...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Savage1979 said:
Agreed!!!!! :rofl:
I'm with them $6000. Is an awful lot for a jeep that looks good but if you can put your feet through the floor an Flintstone it I'd pass keep looking there are a lot of jeeps out there and a better one than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts