Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dreaming of getting a wrangler unlimited. Here is my dilemma;

First black or White?

I am very confused on which to go with. I am not going to go off roading right now that often but if I want to take a road to no where i would like to make it through.

Pros and cons of a matching painted top and fender flares. I kind of like it and read about how I may end up with door dings on them.

I am going for anywhere from the black bear, Sahara, Willy's, rubicon, or backcountry.

Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
What state are you in?
Black hot, white cooler in southern states.

Which color flips your switch more?
You see a butt load of black, cool looking. White are boring unless the fenders are painted and a painted top. White is nice really either way with the black top and fenders but looks even better with larger black wheels tires.

Totally up to you.
Tightly whites or color's ha!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have been dreaming of getting a wrangler unlimited. Here is my dilemma;

First black or White?

I am very confused on which to go with. I am not going to go off roading right now that often but if I want to take a road to no where i would like to make it through.

Pros and cons of a matching painted top and fender flares. I kind of like it and read about how I may end up with door dings on them.

I am going for anywhere from the black bear, Sahara, Willy's, rubicon, or backcountry.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Black! :lmao:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I'm biased to white, but I live in Phoenix. Black is just too hot for Phoenix. Since this pic I have changed my black fenders to painted white. I found a set off of a brand new white one they changed out the fenders and picked them up for $400.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was in the same boat as you... I liked the idea of the sport being less money initially and having room to add on quicker, but I like my creature comforts. I love the look of the Rubicon X/Hard Rock, but felt like there was alot there I'd pay big $$ for and never use. I ended up going with a Backcountry... I just put the deposit down tonight. For me, it was nice inside... (I love the black accents) and it seemed to be a middle ground between sahara and rubicon with the black moab style rubi wheels, rock rails and more aggressive all terrains without the pricey rock crawling stuff I'd never use.

The color I picked... Extreme Purple... is a departure from what I'd normally pick. I'm a Black/Silver/White kind of guy, but I'm diggin the deep purple/black look and think it will be a fun color.

Good luck with your choice. :iamhappy:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure if this helps you but I decided to wrap mine. There isn't a lot of metal on the jeep and for 2K I can get any color I want. Plus it protects my Mojave Sand base color. My wife chose flat orange for this round, but in a few years I'll get my FDE.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We have both, and guess what, we love them both equally! Flip a coin and you won't be disappointed with either!!! And they are both Rubicons...so a little biased from that standpoint.

·
Registered
625 Posts
It's all personal taste. For me, Wranglers look best with black fenders and top to contrast the body. Mine is a white unlimited with half-doors which further accentuates the contrast look thanks to the black uppers. Painted top/fenders make them look more like a typical SUV IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am in Illinois. Going to test drive a Sahara black, and hopefully Backcountry.

Oh with the normal black fiberglass top anyone have problems with fading.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've actually had white, black, orange, yellow, and soon a Granite Crystal Wrangler.

In terms of color, the black is the one that will look the dirtiest and will also show more scratches.

White looks cleaner. Both are very, very common colors though. You might consider one of the other Jeep colors to have something a bit more unique.

In terms of painted top and flares, I'm generally not a fan. It only looks good on some colors. For black it's not a great value in my opinion as its some $1400 more for painted top and fenders and it's a very similar color to the non-painted.

It looks great on silver and white. It doesn't look good on brighter colors to me--like hydro, crush, yellow, etc.

In terms of trim level, just start by going to the Jeep website and pricing out every trim level with the features you want. Then compare the MSRP and consider the standard features included at each level.

Depending on how you option out a vehicle, it may not save you much to go for a Sahara, Backcountry, Rubicon, etc.

With the options I got, my Rubicon Hard Rock was very close in price to a similarly equipped Rubicon but I also get bumpers, hood, better rails etc.

So try a few builds and see how the options work best for you.

Also, the True Car app is fun to get to build various options and get an idea of what you really might end up paying for them.

And finally I recommend getting the highest numerical axle gearing option available for a given model. So depending on the model, I'd suggest 3.73 or 4.10 gears and would shy away from 3.21 gears unless fuel economy is your concern above acceleration, climbing, drivability, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts