Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my dremel, going to fab. I am planning on using smooth corrugated rubber to fill the gap below. I don't even think visually it will be noticeable, and using corrugated, I think at speed it will move backward, giving it more effect.

1. Would you use normal hardware bolts/nuts in the yellow area to secure?
2. Do you think it will work?
3. Mainly doing it to keep the sidesteps dry, they became dangerous from grime/rain.

4. I don't want to drop to far below the opening that doesn't match the rest (Red Oval) Is that enough?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Personally I would use stainless hardware. JIMBOX made something like that and it works well. Perhaps he will chime in.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: I don't know if you even remember my photos

I can't use mudflaps so I installed these-and I used 1/16" black plastic so it would be even less noticeable !

Protects from sand pitting also !

I don't call them a "MUD FLAPS", they're just a "FLOW INTERRUPTER" cause thats all they do, is interrupt the flow of mud/snow/gravel/sand and keep the jeep sides clean--works wonders-

Good luck and thanks SilverRubi

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jimbo, did you heat mold the plastic to that shape? If not, how is it held to the rail there?

Also, on another note...What do you do out there??? Is that your man time? lol

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Heh Heh, no I made a template, using cardboard, then transferedit to a sheet of black plastic I had and useing SS sheetmetal screws/washers attached to the bottoms of the front fenders-

It's just held flat against the slider, by tension-(fender bottom's 1/2" lower than the slider top) !

Jimbo, did you heat mold the plastic to that shape? If not, how is it held to the rail there?

Also, on another note...What do you do out there??? Is that your man time? lol
What do I do out there??--

-------------------------PLAY----------------------

I hate work !

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that helps a lot!

Holy hell, that is definitely some man time! LoL

Just curious, any clue on shotgun holders that are easily accessible? gotta be ready for duck and geese season in September.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Well, I can't help ya with open carry of a shotgun, I carry all my rifles in cases and pistols in locked range boxes-except-

Thanks, that helps a lot!

Holy hell, that is definitely some man time! LoL

Just curious, any clue on shotgun holders that are easily accessible? gotta be ready for duck and geese season in September.
When I'm out-and-about (off-road), I carry this 1911

On my sunviser for easy access

1 - 9 of 9 Posts