Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few deals have come up locally, I have to buy the spacers to convert from 5x4.5 to 5x5 using spacers that are usually 1.25" wide. I want to stay with my OEM ride height and was wondering if anyone has photos with the 17" five spoke wheels from a JK, would they be too big for the TJ? What about gearing? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have 18" Sahara wheels under mine, but have a 2" lift. Still running stock gears at the moment, but not issues getting around. Depending on what tire size the 17's have I think they would fit fine.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 18" Sahara wheels under mine, but have a 2" lift. Still running stock gears at the moment, but not issues getting around. Depending on what tire size the 17's have I think they would fit fine.
Those look great with the lift, I would want the 17 inchers and keep the OEM tire size. What are the best spacers that would allow me to do this mod.

·
Registered
96 Posts
myrubi.jpg
I went with Spyder Trax Wheel adapters and used JK rubicon tires.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking good guys. Still not sure if I need to use a shorter tire with the stock TJ suspension height.

·
Registered
45 Posts
jeep (2).jpg my stock 99 tj with adapters and 2013 17 inch wheels and 32 inch tires. the only problem is you feel the tire rub the frame when turned all the way

·
Registered
45 Posts
oh and gearing no problem mine came with 31 in tires so the 1 in taller tire made no difference. didn't even change spedo gear because my gps says I'm going the same speed as the spedo

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know bought them used from someone on here. I don't think there is much difference in brands. but I did put blue locktite on them paid like $80

1 - 15 of 15 Posts