Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of Aug's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few deals have come up locally, I have to buy the spacers to convert from 5x4.5 to 5x5 using spacers that are usually 1.25" wide. I want to stay with my OEM ride height and was wondering if anyone has photos with the 17" five spoke wheels from a JK, would they be too big for the TJ? What about gearing? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have 18" Sahara wheels under mine, but have a 2" lift. Still running stock gears at the moment, but not issues getting around. Depending on what tire size the 17's have I think they would fit fine.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 18" Sahara wheels under mine, but have a 2" lift. Still running stock gears at the moment, but not issues getting around. Depending on what tire size the 17's have I think they would fit fine.
Those look great with the lift, I would want the 17 inchers and keep the OEM tire size. What are the best spacers that would allow me to do this mod.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

I went with Spyder Trax Wheel adapters and used JK rubicon tires.

·
Registered
45 Posts
oh and gearing no problem mine came with 31 in tires so the 1 in taller tire made no difference. didn't even change spedo gear because my gps says I'm going the same speed as the spedo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.