Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone be so kind as to post pics of a 3 in lift for me...
got a possible chance to buy 2 3in springs and need to see how upity up it is lol....gotta convince the wife it AINT that high:punk:

And also whats involved other than leafs and shocks...do i need to drop x-case and all that?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here's some 3 inch shackle lift with 31 inch tires.

·
Registered
172 Posts
3" lift.

There was no need to drop the transfer case. However, when lifting over 1", you will need to buy a suspension lift kit. This will come with the new shackles for the front and rear along with pre-arced leaf springs. You have to purchase this, otherwise you will snap the originals. The price for a kit varies depending on the name brand. $400-$600. Next in order to get the drive shafts to align right, you need to have the rear axle spun upward a bit. There is enough play in the front to get away with, however you may want to tweak it a little. I don't know exactly how much you will need to spin the rear, but I think you will want about 25-30 degrees. It is really what looks the best. You don't want to put too much of an angle against the driveshaft, otherwise you will be knocking the yolks as they spin. You will need to buy longer shocks too along with longer brake lines and a new steering pitman arm. Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions. :punk:

·
Registered
172 Posts
3" lift.

I will post you a picture of my rear differential so you can have a reference, but the sun is already setting tonight. Hopefully it doesn't rain tommorrow like predicted and the sun comes out. If so, count on it!:wavey:

·
Registered
322 Posts
i have 2.5 inch lift with 1 inch extended shakles. with tires i get about 3.5 all together , tires r 32x1150 with no rubbing! check out profile pic!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tips from the Beas

Here are those pictures I promised. It looks like the guy that put the kift on didn't really spin his axles a whole lot. I guess you can get away with this on a 3" lift?? It is a good thing, because there is a little bit of torch and welding work that will need to be done if you plan to do so. I do know that the rear anti-sway mount on the rear axle will need to be extended a little(welder required) otherwise, just eliminate this. You can see it in the pic, the red bar that runs 90 degrees to the driveshaft. Hope this helps you! Just let me know if you got any more questions.:wavey:

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tips from the Beas

Just a heads up!!! When you remove the ant-sway bars, the body will roll more in the cornering, causing the Jeep to be off center and may cause a roll-over. So take the turns slower than normal if you can't fabricate a extention for thew rear bar. Look at my pic, I have made an extention without a welder by adding some plate to reinforce the bracket. I still use the rear because I drive around town a bit in mine. Front is completely removed for more axle travel. Good Luck!:punk:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought BDS 3.5" lift kit. It was AWESOME. Kit is really complete. They give you the shims for the rear diff, drop kit for t-case, diff bump stops, brake line replicators, track bar replicators, new sway bars, new steering stabilizer and shocks, new bolts and hardware. You pay for what you get. Annnnnd has lifetime warranty on all but the shocks. You buy it and it breaks, they replace it. I'll get pics up.

·
Registered
710 Posts
YJkiddo said:
Oh, SYE, needed or not needed and exactly what's it's job?
I would say it's needed. You will also need a CV drive shaft to go with it. It changes the angle of the drive shaft to accommodate the different angle from the lift kit. I currently don't have an SYE with my 4" lift. It's at the top of my list for mods, just haven't had any money to get I yet, since I just got my jeep a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
704 Posts
No SYE needed with a 3" lift. Just a transfer case drop, if even that is needed. Every Jeep is a little different.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Btw, I get driveline vibration without an SYE. I don't think it will cause any damage, maybe unless there is too much flex on the axles

1 - 20 of 20 Posts