Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here!

I have a 1987 YJ that I've had since 2000. I just retired from the military and I now have a chance to work on my baby.

The problem is that it has been neglected for years. I live in a condo and I need a place to work on it. If you have some recommendations in Kitsap county for a shop I will be grateful.

·
Super Moderator
2006 TJ Rubicon, 4.0, automatic
3,092 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for your service brother!
If you don’t find anything, since you are retired (I figure you have the blue ID card) if you have a base near you see if they have an auto hobby shop. That’s where I used to go when I was active to do my work and I didn’t have a place to do it. Normally the prices are pretty cheap per hour and they usually have access to alldata or something or the sort to help. They also have all the tools you would need.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Maybe check in on the local Washington forum down below here and ask if there are any locals that might have a shop that you could use after a few beers. That's if you want to do your own work.

Others will see this post after some time and add in there assistance. Some don't frequent here until they need help :)

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
oops, got here from front page showing new threads ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum!
If you don’t find anything, since you are retired (I figure you have the blue ID card) if you have a base near you see if they have an auto hobby shop. That’s where I used to go when I was active to do my work and I didn’t have a place to do it. Normally the prices are pretty cheap per hour and they usually have access to alldata or something or the sort to help. They also have all the tools you would need.
Thanks!

I've thought about that, but the place here doesn't offer storage
Welcome to the forum!
____
Thanks!

The unfortunate part is that the YJ is in bad shape and needs a lot of love. She doesn't run currently and I would need someplace to store it while getting repaired.
I have some money coming my way that I can use to get it driving. I just need to know who to take it to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe check in on the local Washington forum down below here and ask if there are any locals that might have a shop that you could use after a few beers. That's if you want to do your own work.

Others will see this post after some time and add in there assistance. Some don't frequent here until they need help :)
Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah I can understand only showing up when people need help. That's why I decided to get on here to be honest. I'll keep checking around and see what I can find.

·
Super Moderator
2006 TJ Rubicon, 4.0, automatic
3,092 Posts
I’m surprised the auto shop doesn’t have storage. I’ve been to several different bases and they all had storage for projects with a pretty cheap monthly price. I wish I could help you out more.

·
Registered
2013 JKU sport
311 Posts
If you’re looking for an overhaul then maybe Northridge 4x4 in silverdale? If not hopefully they can point you in the right direction. Also the Quadrpaws4x4 club also homesdin silverdale could help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you’re looking for an overhaul then maybe Northridge 4x4 in silverdale? If not hopefully they can point you in the right direction. Also the Quadrpaws4x4 club also homesdin silverdale could help.
Awesome! Thanks for the recommendation!
I've tried Northridge 4x4 and I was recommended to a guy named Kyle. I'll try Quadrpaws as well.

·
Registered
2013 JKU sport
311 Posts
I've tried Northridge 4x4 and I was recommended to a guy named Kyle. I'll try Quadrpaws as well.
No problem and good luck! I believe the best bet is going through FB to reach them but they also hold monthly meets too. Also if NR4x4 points you towards a Kyle then I’d take their word for it.
No problem and good luck! I believe the best bet is going through FB to reach quadrapaws and they also hold monthly meets too. Also if NR4x4 points you towards a Kyle then I’d take their word for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts