Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so my right rear 5100 started leaking a few weeks ago now its a drip. with all the other stories of leaky 5100's on this and other forums im going with a diff shock. i have a few shocks in mind im looking at but i want to hear your opinions on good shocks to replace with. u can see in my sig my current setup. one thing i can say is overall i was happy with the ride of the 5100 however on the washboard stuff and rough rds they ride really bumpy in my opinion so i would like something that handles that a little better.. ok fire away with your suggestions..

·
Super Moderator
21,975 Posts
what is your budget?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
hey guys so my right rear 5100 started leaking a few weeks ago now its a drip. with all the other stories of leaky 5100's on this and other forums im going with a diff shock. i have a few shocks in mind im looking at but i want to hear your opinions on good shocks to replace with. u can see in my sig my current setup. one thing i can say is overall i was happy with the ride of the 5100 however on the washboard stuff and rough rds they ride really bumpy in my opinion so i would like something that handles that a little better.. ok fire away with your suggestions..
Why not warranty them out they have a life time warranty I just did that with mine..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not warranty them out they have a life time warranty I just did that with mine..
i think id rather go a diff route, dont think i can anyway i didnt buy the lift i bought the jeep with it installed already so i have no receipts or anything. there aev tuned ones idk if they are lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
21,975 Posts
hard to beat rancho 5000X's or 9000X's. I would say kings but they are spendy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hard to beat rancho 5000X's or 9000X's. I would say kings but they are spendy.
funny u mention that i just was watching a video on the 5000 x's i like how they suposedly take the initial harshness out of bumps. however sounds silly but i dont really want a white shock lol

·
Super Moderator
21,975 Posts
funny u mention that i just was watching a video on the 5000 x's i like how they suposedly take the initial harshness out of bumps. however sounds sill i dont want a white shock lol
it is easy to paint them. They work extremely well. I had them and replaced them with 5100's just in the last month but if I could go back in time I would have kept them. they work extremely well and dirt cheap.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was thinking also the bds tuned fox 2.0s

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
Guys March 1st = Rancho rebate. $140-$150 bucks for the 5000x w/ a 90 day trial (all Rancho shocks)
Great shock for the money.
Ive also ran the 9000's (twice), performance compared to the 5000's is not as good. The great thing about them is dialing in ride comfort.
Both shocks are very popular amongst WF'ers :)

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Do the Fox Evolution 2.0 series. It is like $99 per shock. I have them, and they are not harsh by all means and it is firm when they need be...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone run the rancho 7000mt ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
lol oookk care to elaborate, haha... how do you like them ride quality.. do you recommend.. ?
I wasn't trying to be silly. Ok, maybe a tad. I've only been running them for about a week now. They are pretty firm. Hit a washboard road (about about mile worth) yesterday and they soaked it up with zero fade. That was sweet.

I would not recommend them if you want a plush ride. Personally, I like them a lot.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts