Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going home (ft.hood texas) from iraq soon and am going to start looking for a jeep for my wife. all i know is we need an automatic cause she cant drive stick very well, and she wants an auto. now what i need is some advice. i dont know whether to go for a cj. yj, or tj. we dont have alot of money to spend as we just bought a new durango for family use but i am buying her the jeep as a small project for us and for her daily. now what should i look for, what should i stay away from, it will be used for mainly the street but with occasional moderately easy trail, and mud use at our family cabin in pennsylvania. please give us some insight please. as soon as i sell my enclosed cargo trailer i will be purchasing (wife says that must go first so we have room)

·
Registered
32 Posts
In my opion, there is no bad choice, but it all depends on your budget. It also depends on what you can find in your area for sale. And remember, if shes going to drive it, I'm afraid you might want to involve her in the process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh shes involved through the whole process i am looking for technical advice on an aspect of certain years may have a certain part that should try to be avoided etc. areas of the vehicle to look out for when looking at one etc etc

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
If you are wanting the auto tranny, I would highly suggest a 6 cylinder, vs. the 4 banger. Also, fuel injection is a big plus. Other than that, get one that you both like, and can live with. Good luck, and glad your coming back state side.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree with you bluvikng. If you get an auto tranny get a 6 cly. The 4 banger is great if you can drive stick. but a 4 banger auto is a balless dog. Carberators can be a pain too. I have heard bad things about the 4liter as far as repairing them. I have driven them and love the torque!! Not sure if I helped w/ this post...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts