Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this is my first time upgrading a sound system in a car (I know basics). I went to the local aftermarket audio store and listened to what they had to say (guy has a tj like me) I went out and heard his set up he has stock dash and sound bar speakers with a 400watt amp and 6x9s. I liked the sound that it put out. Does anyone see problems with this / know of any good 6x9s

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Round is better than oval in the world of speakers.
Additionally, your soundbar is not setup for 6x9s. You can easily fit 6.5"s though.

·
Registered
441 Posts
round will sound better than oval as the above has already stated, i know enough about car audio to setup my own system but not to feel comfortable helping with yours, this is where you should ask audio questions _______________________________>>>>>>> Communications and Electronics - Jeep Wrangler Forum

sony is a bit frowned upon in the car audio world as i understand it, that being said i have no problems with my sony head unit, i plan to upgrade to a unit with satellite radio and possibly navigation with more sub outputs in the future.(WWWAAAAY in the future, after 8.8 swap, sye +tummy tuck) or after my sony shits out on me ;P

·
Registered
94 Posts
x3 for round, Polk audio db series are good speakers to look at. had them in a car before the jeep. best priced/reviewed speakers i could find

·
Registered
440 Posts
Round is better than oval in the world of speakers.
Additionally, your soundbar is not setup for 6x9s. You can easily fit 6.5"s though.
I think what he is saying is that the sound bar is stock along with the dash speakers. Then he has additional 6X9s. If I am reading correctly.

Updating the speakers in the Soundbar makes a big difference. I used Sony Xplode speakers. They do pretty good but there are better ones out there for sure. I havent upgraded my dash speakers and not sure if it will do a whole lot anyway. I do have 2 10" RF Punch Subs with 800W amp. I like the 2 Subs even though some will say overkill. I like it for when the top is off and we are just sitting around it still has good sound. I thought about adding 6X9's in the back but really havent found any reason that i need them.

·
Vendor
6,293 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have alpine head, Alpine speakers in the dash and soundbar. Kicker 10" in the back off a 600W Kenwood all hooked up to the iPod in the glovebox.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I am adding a box with 6x9s and the only reason for oval is because of limited trunk space. I wasn't going to upgrade the sound bar because he said that he did it and nothing helped until he put in an amp with 6x9s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts