Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Name is Chuck and I’m new to Jeeps. So new I haven’t bought one yet. I have a few in mind I want to go look at this weekend. So I’m asking for some help on what to look for. I know rust is a big deal on these and plan to look all over. We are wanting a wrangler for just cruising town and some traveling

First Jeep is a 97 sport with 124,000 miles. 4.0l 5 speed 4:10 gears true track frt Dana 30 Dana 44 rear 87 and 93 hp program a/c 4 in lift 33x12.50 15 tires banks header and exhaust .

second is a 99 Jeep Wrangler 4 cylinder 153000 MI 4 inch lift 33 1250 tires nice rims new top custom paint live bar lights LED headlights push bar rhino line inside and under fenders and fender flares

·
Registered
470 Posts
I cant even imagine 33's on my 91 4 banger/5spd. Guys do it but its gotta be pretty under powdered especially in a head wind, any amount of snow on the road or attempting to tow or haul 4 people or cargo.

·
Registered
470 Posts
4.0's are tough engines and rated a one of the top 10 engine designs ever built. That being said a neglected engine of any sort can have a short lived life. Id guestimate from what I read 250 to 300K is about the norm before replacement time. The 97 sounds like a good rig with the D44, A/C, lift done and some 33's. Just look for rust and signs of hard use underneath. Scraped up diff and skid, mud packed into little nooks and crannies or a Nice new thick coat of undercoating hiding rust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts