Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am connecting a back up camera in my 2012 Wrangler Sahara unlimited. I have the heated seat option, auto air and connectivity option ( I am not sure if any of that matters but perhaps it does). I have the standard radio as well. The unit am using is a wired model with a new rear view mirror. I have run all the wires and tested everything but have not made permanent front 12v.
I need to connect the 12v in the front in the glove box or around there. I suppose the ground will be at the side post ground connections that I can see.
I am not sure if it will make any difference if the connection is always on or not if I do that the Battery is directly on the other side of the Firewall with vacant lugs available. I would like to connect to a switched 12v.Is thereany that can be used near the glove box or nearby? The wire has a fuse built in so that is not a problem.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Barrier

·
Registered
807 Posts
Most peoples tap into the reverse light so the camera only come on in reverse.

☞Sent from here☜

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply baseballfanz,
I have already tapped into the reverse light at the rear. That actuates the camera when jeep is shifted to reverse. A 12v source is still required up front. The 12v I am looking for is to power the rear view mirror at the front. I have run the wire down the windshield post to behind the glovebox. The wires to the rear camera are in place, but a 12v feed is required to power the mirror and monitor.
I can tap directly to the Battery, located just on the other side of the firewall from the glovebox by drilling thru the Firewall. I was reticent to connect the wires directly to the Battery although there is a fuse in the wire for protection. I was hoping that someone would know of a good 12v source around or near the glove box to hook up to inside.
thanks
Barrier

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ah ok gotcha. I would run a wire to the fuse box under the hood and use a fuse tap using one of the switch source.

☞Sent from here☜

1 - 7 of 7 Posts