Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im selling my yj and i want to break even on what i have into it but im gettin no bites for 3500 shpuld i sell my new rims and tires seperately? Cause i still have the stock rims with good tires, Or just wait it out longer

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You'll need to tell us more about the jeep. Kind of strange that no one is jumping on 3500 for a YJ. That would sell fast here in Oregon.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
jake.carp said:
Is there a way i can put my listing on here?
Yes there's a section of forums for buying, selling, and wanted items. People put jeeps and parts and things on all the time.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
OP already has his Jeep for sale in the WF classifieds.
I am watching this thread. This thread will be removed if it turns into a for sale thread or links to it.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
nick50471 said:
I am watching this thread. This thread will be removed if it turns into a for sale thread or links to it.
Can I just ask a question? I'm just cerious but why would it matter if it linked to it or he just used this as a advertisement for his sale? Iv seen other threads closed because of the same reasons. Im just wondering why?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, im sorry i should have said i already have it listed in the for sale section and i have it on craigslist. I just wanted you guys to look at it to tell me if i asking too much too little if there are things i should change etc. But i have a much more detailed listing on craigslist.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nick50471 said:
And sorry im not trying to advertise in anyway just trying to figure out why no one is wanting to buy or look at it or anything

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
And sorry im not trying to advertise in anyway just trying to figure out why no one is wanting to buy or look at it or anything
No problem.:thumb: As long as the forum rules are followed you are just fine.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I really haven't a clue why you aren't getting bites over there. Maybe no one has money. If your not in a hurry to sell I say just wait. Someone will pick it up.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Can I just ask a question? I'm just cerious but why would it matter if it linked to it or he just used this as a advertisement for his sale? Iv seen other threads closed because of the same reasons. Im just wondering why?
WF does not allow links to CL, Ebay, Autotrader or any other classified site to promote the sale. WF does not allow threads that sole purpose is to drive traffic to another thread.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
nick50471 said:
WF does not allow links to CL, Ebay, Autotrader or any other classified site to promote the sale. WF does not allow threads that sole purpose is to drive traffic to another thread.
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well im not in a hurry but i really need a pickup for work related things i am beginning to need to haul alot more things.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Well, I will give my opinion as to why your not getting any real interest (at least based on the FS thread here).

I would say the biggest reason is a total and complete lack of details about the vehicle. Other than the model year and price, we are left guessing what the vehicle is.

What engine? How many miles? What options? Which set of wheels are being sold with the Jeep (two different sets are shown in the pictures)? How much damage (I can see damage to the front passenger side fender and rubber fender flare)? Interior condition?
When I see a FS ad (for anything) and there are no details, I assume the owner is trying to hide something. Im not saying that is the case here, but it may be that others think the same and dont care to make the effort to ask a bunch of questions.

I have bought and sold alot of vehicles in my time (sold three vehicles in the last year) and all sold within the first week because I took the time to give details, take detailed pictures of damage or issues, researched the price carefully and then priced according to the market and not my emotional attachment to the vehicle. And all three vehicles sold for my asking price.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well ill put up a new fs ad on here with details i have all details on my cl ad thank you for the input. I guess i was just rushing it

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I've also found that people like well organized list.
Laid out well. I don't like reading paragraphs in for sale section.

Year
Make
Model
Engine (miles)
Trans
Options
Mods
Condition
The good
The bad
Reason for sale (keep it short)
No b.s. (that turns me away)
Different info on the rig (oil pressure, running habits, ect)
Don't try to be a salesmen. (That turns me away and upsets me)
Let the rig sell itself.

And not to offend you but your typing tends to get lazy. Which makes your post and ads hard to read.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just saw how you said it should be organized i should have done it like that. but i already put a new ad up with all the details and alot more pictures. hopefully this one will be a tad better.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Also at the end.
Price with obo if it applies
Contact info. Give them options.
And I think you put it but title status and tag (emission status)

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Offer a free pound of bacon. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts