Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've bought this jeep but I have some issues with it...

The power steering fluid is leaking, how easy is it to change seals on that?

The transfer case is leaking I think right at the slip yoke, is that hard to fix?

Water leaks from everywhere but the part that I'm concerned about is under the dash, it leaks from under my steering column onto my left (clutch) foot, how does that happen?? Where does it come from??

Oil dripping from transmission/oil pan mating area, again... how hard is it to fix that?

The heater didn't work but I fixed that, the rad leaked but I fixed that, seems to me like everything is leaking fluids, does everyone have these many problems or is it just me? Worth fixing??

2000 Jeep TJ 4.0L Manual, 200,000 Km's on it

I attached a pic of the steering, so you can see where the leak is coming from

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Need more input: Does your Jeep have air conditioning? Are you in a location that has a lot of weather? Is the oil from the oil pan transmission area thick like motor oil or thin like ATF? The transfer leak is it at the front yoke or the rear yoke? Front requires removal of the transfer case rear can be repaired in frame.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Your water leak over your pedals is likely a plugged drain in the cowling that is allowing rain water or car wash water to pool in the vent area and come out through the fresh air vent over your feet. Remove the front cowling cover and using a hose with a sprayer on it and a rod of some kind (I used a 3' piece of aluminum bar stock on mine), poke the rod down though the center of the cowling box (center of Jeep right outside of windshield) and through the rubber flapper on the bottom to open it up. Then spray water down through it to wash out all the debris. They have a tendency to get plugged with leaves and such.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need more input: Does your Jeep have air conditioning? Are you in a location that has a lot of weather? Is the oil from the oil pan transmission area thick like motor oil or thin like ATF? The transfer leak is it at the front yoke or the rear yoke? Front requires removal of the transfer case rear can be repaired in frame.
Im in Calgary, Canada, no air conditioning. Oil drip is definitely oil, t-case leak is at the front yoke. So harder to fix the front leak? Damn. Yeah we get all seasons here lol but winter is the longest.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your water leak over your pedals is likely a plugged drain in the cowling that is allowing rain water or car wash water to pool in the vent area and come out through the fresh air vent over your feet. Remove the front cowling cover and using a hose with a sprayer on it and a rod of some kind (I used a 3' piece of aluminum bar stock on mine), poke the rod down though the center of the cowling box (center of Jeep right outside of windshield) and through the rubber flapper on the bottom to open it up. Then spray water down through it to wash out all the debris. They have a tendency to get plugged with leaves and such.
Hey great advice, I'm going to do that right away, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts