Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The turn signals on my TJ just stopped working yesterday, I traced it down to a part of the board was burnt up. I thought ok I'll replace that today on my lunch and we will be all good. Well that leads me to my question, I replaced my flasher and as soon as I put it in smoke started pouring out of it. It ended up burning that one up as well. That makes me thing that it is getting power to ground or vice versa. Is the turn signal switches prone to shorting out or is there a know wiring issue? If anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated. Jeep is a '02 with the flasher mounted next to the hazard switch on top of the column. The part I tried replacing it with was the Trico part.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
forgot to mention that, the fuse is still fine. That is what is not making sense, I would think that if something was shorted or what not that it would cause the fuse to blow.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also when the new hazard relay was installed the switch was out "hazards on" would this cause an issue? Also will the EP 27 the one for LED's work with standard taillights?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts