Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have picked up 1988 wrangler as some of you know and its been sitting for about 3 years and now it has a lift kit and some 33inch tires and now when im driving about 20 to 30 miles and I hit a bad pothole or something rough in the road my jeep starts wobbling like crazy like it feels like the tires are about to fall of. A friend told me its the steering dampener? is this correct? I don't want to buy parts that wont solve this issue. The tires are all in good shape and I checked all the bushings up front and everything seems to be good and there's not much steering play. I also want to get a wheel alignment but I want to change any suspension parts I might need before I do the alignment. Here is a pic to get more of you interested as I know we all love seeing pictures of wrangler :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Take it to the alignment shop, have them check the front end out to see which if any parts you need to replace. Any good shop will usually do this for no charge. Just have them tell you what needs replaced then get your parts and install them and go get your alignment and you will be set to go.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Mine did the wobble thing cause my front shackles where too long and i had no trac bar. I used to ratching straps cross ways from one leaf to the oppisit frame and it solved the problem. I ordered a set of lift springs and going back to stock size shackle should slove it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insight guys, ill be taking it to the shop in the morning and I will let you guys know just incase anybody else is having similar issues. I will also be rotating the tires just because the car has been sitting for way too long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts