Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not jeep related directly. But I'm thinking of relocating to the tuscon area. I'm wondering how the job market is there. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm mostly a trucker. I want a local route. I've been a mechanic for most of my life. Just want to make sure I can make a living

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lots of trucking throughout the southwest. The states are big, and there aren't that many routes across them, like back east. Don't know how much local that equates to.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Do you have a company in mind or are you independent? Do you have any of the following endorsements - Haz-mat? Bus? Tank?

Sadly, there seems to be a demand for CDL operators, but the stringent and some stupid DOT regulations are preventing people from making a career out of trucking.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Believe me I know about the rules. I've thought about changing careers. Only endorsements I don't have is haz & passenger.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm moving. Excited about new riding areas. Meeting some new friends. I still need to find work. But cross one bridge at a time.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I stated above I'm moving. I'm going to be in tucson. I'm trying to find out how much the mvd is going to hit the pocketbook. From the website I'm getting $600-1000 . How much did u guys pay to register your jeep? My tags are due the same time I move. So I don't have any time to waste.

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
The tags at MVD are a percentage of depreciated value (ie they go down each year). Not sure exactly what year/options your rig is, but even $600 is high for a Wrangler, unless maybe you do the "renew 2 years at once instead of just current year" thing (they give you the option to do that). I dont remember exactly what I paid when I bought in September, but I want to say somewhere in the mid-$200-300ish range give or take. I could be wrong but I dont remember being ridiculously offended with anything even close to $600.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you've never spent much time in the desert, you may not be aware how easy it is to dehydrate, or how suddenly it can happen. Drink plenty of water, always.

Drive safe.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've lived in the desert almost my entire life. So Cal and vegas. I know it's hot and I always have water

1 - 15 of 15 Posts