Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking at some Jeeps and would like to know what (you) think. Why get a LJ over a JK and what about JK over LJ? I know 4 doors and 2 doors so lets just take the doors off. LOL

Going to be doing some looking around the great state of AZ and feel a Jeep is the way to go. It will be just my wife and I and maybe our grand granddaughter? Day trips +-? Some camping. Would like to try the trail up to Crown King after I get some time under my belt.:rofl:

I have found a 2005 LJ Unlimited with 140,000 for $11k and a JK 2007 Rubicon with 89,000 for $18k.

Wheels and tires for both and a winch,lift?,gears for the LJ and other general repair. Both look to be in good shape.:rolleyes: Repairs will be done by me,have tools will travel.:p

So give me your ideas?:hide: Thanks Randall!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hey Randall. I personnaly love the LJ (I have a TJ though) but since your talking about being in it with your granddaughter I would lean towards a JK. I know that they have a lot more safety features than just seatbelts plus the added room of the 4 door will make camping a lot easier. 11k doesn't seem like a bad price for the millage, I've seen the same millage in the NYC area asking 14k. As for the JK, would you be paying cash? Because if you are you might want to think about just getting a brand new on and make payments. Less money out of pocket in the short run and you might be able to get a good rate on interest? I really don't know too much about the JK's other than everyone says they were underpowered...

Anyway, good luck with your decision, Anthony.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts