Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new 92 4.0 YJ. I have a hard top, full doors, half doors, and soft upper doors. I'm looking for a top in the summer that I can throw the half doors on, upper in the "trunk," and some sort of top in case it rains.

I don't have a good shelter, so I need it to keep out the rain. I saw some emergency tops. Those might work, but can you drive with them on?

If you have any ideas of a temporary top from the rain if I'm out and about, please let me know.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's involving enough of a process to pull the hard top off. My vote is to just buy a real soft top and swap it on in the summer. It's not really that big a deal to take the factory soft top on and off.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I have a Bestop Safari top that is solid. Bought it while up in WA last year. I was used to running their mesh Safari top in Cali but felt we needed something a little more water proof up in the soggy NW.

I also have the Trail Cover for when it's parked. Covers the entire cab and half door openings. Stands up to a pretty good downpour with no leaks.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I use a bikini top in the summer too. I use a Bestop trail cover when I park it. Takes about 2 minutes to put on and the one that covers the door openings keeps it dry inside. On the road as long as you keep moving the rains not a problem if you keep the half door on. I only carry the doors if the weather look like it might rain.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
I use a bikini top in the summer too. I use a Bestop trail cover when I park it. Takes about 2 minutes to put on and the one that covers the door openings keeps it dry inside. On the road as long as you keep moving the rains not a problem if you keep the half door on. I only carry the doors if the weather look like it might rain.
^^^^ This is very good advice :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I like the bikini tops. What would I need to go with it to keep the rain off? Would a bikini top be rainproof?

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
On the YJ the bikini top will keep rain off the front seats and dash. I use half doors when it rains to keep the rain and spray from blowing into the door openings. A Bestop cover keeps it all dry when you park it. I have run a Bestop dust cover on the back to keep rain out but it wasn't convenient for me.
This is the type of cover I use on both with the bikini tops.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts