Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please help with my problem. i hear this loud raddling noise come for the back end of the tailgate of my lj i can hear every time i go offroad or on the street when it gets pretty rough please i need help the dealer said that they cant do anything about. thank you.:)

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
What did the dealer say that it was that they couldn't do anything about? Did they say it was just the tailgate rattling? Did they say that the spare was loose? Or did they just throw up their hands and walk away?

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
I would check on the tightness of ALL of the bolts on the tailgate (tire carrier, spare tire, tailgate hinges, etc.). Also, check the exhaust hanger in the rear. None of my Jeeps (2 early 90's YJs and an '03 TJ) have ever had a rattle that didn't mean that something wasn't right/tight. I would take it to a different dealership also, if it's feasible for you, or make sure you have it in every week until you get it resolved at the one you are currently using! Make sure you and the service manageer are good friends by the end of this, even take him doughnuts every Saturday if you need to... ;) Good luck, and keep us updated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts