Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please take a picture of their own chassis > engine ground?
I need to replicate it in my vehicle...... thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
This is the on to the Engine

And this one goes to the Hood

Both go to that Bolt you see on the Fire Wall, one end of one to the Engine Block, one end of the other to the underside of the Hood. They are both just Flat Grounding Straps, but you could also use a small like
Motorcycle Negative Battery Cable with eyelets on both ends. A #8 wire with ends, or a host of other items can also be used. Just be sure all connection points are clean and tight, otherwise what's the use.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the on to the Engine

And this one goes to the Hood

Both go to that Bolt you see on the Fire Wall, one end of one to the Engine Block, one end of the other to the underside of the Hood. They are both just Flat Grounding Straps, but you could also use a small like
Motorcycle Negative Battery Cable with eyelets on both ends. A #8 wire with ends, or a host of other items can also be used. Just be sure all connection points are clean and tight, otherwise what's the use.
Hope this helps.
thank you, ended up doing a bolt to my suspension..... was before you replied. thanks for the help though :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
That will work just as good for sure. Most Engines are grounded to the chassis
in some form or other anyway. The Cable just insures there is always a good
constant connection between the two.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That will work just as good for sure. Most Engines are grounded to the chassis
in some form or other anyway. The Cable just insures there is always a good
constant connection between the two.
I was just redoing that connection in 1/0 gauge wiring... got a highish current system running through there, and looking to do a higher current one in the future....also my 250Amp alternator require 1/0 gauge. lol

·
Registered
698 Posts
That's GREAT, I like it when someone does it RIGHT the FIRST time around.
And they'll be glad too, when they DON'T have to re-do it a 2nd or 3rd time.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Working on the big 3 upgrade I see...how easy is this on the Jeep? Or is that the only ground you've upgrade so far?

I'm hoping to replace all my connections on my Jeep soon...got a cb radio with a ground problem I'm hoping to fix.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big three upgrade is super easy on a wrangler.
to an extent. for me it was easy because I didn't need to beef up my wiring going into my fuse box

the big three was fairly easy, just make sure you have enough 1/0 gauge or whatever you used. I ran out and had to go to a low end car audio shop and pay double the price for crap wire......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts