Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen an accessory step solution that will work well on 2014 Rubicon with stock rock rails? I really don't want to replace them with wider running board stuff. Just looking for a way to help my gal out. But this is a two edge sword as I enjoy tremedously watching her hop and shimmy up inside! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am making steps to attach to body out of paracord for a 2-door. $20 total and more than enough weight capacity if you have an hour or two to spare. I will post pics in the thread when I finish

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Taller girlfriend? :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
image-2844594019.jpg

Over 1k lb test total, just a little ingenuity. Reflective black sure does reflect that flash well

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Stone, looks Great...Super Idea. I've never made a paracord anything but will def be looking into.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anytime OSU appreciate it... And to OP, if you search "jeep paracord grab handles" in YouTube you'll see a 17-19 min step-by-step video about how to make them. I think it's the 2nd option in the search. There's a bunch of ways to do it, but I went the simpler route and did it like him. It wasn't my first time with 550 cord, but minus the buckles, his design was great and it's easy to pick up. It's cool to get creative with. Thinking about getting another 200ft of cord and creating a hammock to lay on the top of my roll bars. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the input folks

Already been watching the paracord vids and looks like piece of cake. I also like the metal drop down step but a little pricey when I will be needing 4. Thanks for the input reaper. Also, for stone772..how did you attach? What size bolt or did you use a self tapper?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Go to a western store and buy one stirrup for a saddle. You can mount it to the seat bracket, when she's done pull it up and tuck it under the seat.

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Do women really like bouncing around and getting muddy in jeeps? After the honeymoon phase, I mean.

Wouldn't they be happier if left to their BMW and Nordstrom charge card?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Stone772. Appreciate all your info. Hopefully I can work on these soon. When I do I will make sure to show pics.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts