Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet to put a sound system in my TJ. The stock system sounds blown out and weak. I'm trying not spend more than a couple hundred. I'm also concerned about theft. I'm out in Brooklyn and I park her in the driveway or on the street every night. Any ideas? My brother was trying to convince me to get a Jambox and use that as my system but that just doesn't seem right. Help me out here. Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I live in NYC also...The Bronx..anyway the PO had put in a Kenwood benzi and I upgrade the speakers last week...put in 6.5 sony xplod in the soundbar and kenwood speakers in console...sounds great to me...btw Best buy had sony on sale this week paid $40 for them...good luck:)

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Tuffy makes a console that puts the headunit in a lockable area of the center console. Obviously you would have to extend the wiring but it would be totally out of sight, leave a blank in the stock location so the "average" individual thief probably would assume no stereo.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
IMHO - if a thief wants your stuff they'll just tear it out... if you make it hard on them they just vandalize your ride.

Get a head unit and consider replacing the speakers - don't go too high end, of course - that's just asking someone to nab them.

Sony, Kenwood, and Pioneer all have decent units in the $100 range

1 - 4 of 4 Posts