Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
what does it say in the door jam?? also.. when i got my 315s, i did a chalk test to set my PSI.. that way i know the tire is wearing correctly.. im basically at 30PSI cold on my tires.

·
Registered
209 Posts
27.5 with my 37" Toyo Open Country M/T's for daily driving. My Jeep is definitely on the heavier side with all the aftermarket mods. But do the chalk test to be sure.

Whenever I take it to Discount Tire for rotations, they always refill to the door jamb pressure, but that recommendation isn't very precise with many non-stock tires.

I recently bought some new wheels. The shop inflated the tires to 50 pounds. I drove two blocks and I was concerned I might have to go to the dentist to check that all my fillings were still intact.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Those are LT's so probably an E Rated tire. I would start around 28 PSI but chalk test it to find out what pressure is right for you.

I run 26 PSI in my 37" KM3's which are a D Rated tire.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Most tire pressures are a balance between proper pressure and fuel efficiency because if you run these tires at what the math says.... you're going to drink a lot of gas.

Your Toyo will support a max of 3195pounds at 65psi

A jeep is about 5000 pounds... divide that by 4 tires and each one has to support 1250 pounds.

1250 divided by 3195.... the Toyo has to support about 40% of its rated max weight

40% of 65psi is 26psi

I would probably run them at 28 to 30

·
Super Moderator
22,078 Posts
yup what everybody else says. On another note I have run different psi over long distances on the same route and never have gotten any real difference in mpg to make it worth running 37psi vs 28psi and 28 psi is more comfortable. I did back to back trips to Moab from Missoula one year and first ran 37psi on the way down and a month or so later ran 28psi. I doubt I saved a dollar for the trip running the higher psi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts