Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on hear that i could put on springs from a cherokee. Is there any truth to this. I cant find the thread. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
as far as I know the front springs will swap right in, you might have some trouble with the rears tho! :D

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I've heard ZJ springs will fit and raise a TJ.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
if the ZJ springs are a straight up swap and lift the jeep then why do more people not just go this route when lifting one?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Well, since it appears no one else wants to give you a straight answer, I will :D .

As far as diameter go TJ, XJ, ZJ, and WJ all have the same diameter front coils.

TJ are larger diameter in the rear.

XJ uses leafs in the rear.

ZJ are same diameter front and rear.

WJ uses larger diameter in the rear but the post hole is larger than the TJ coils (for stock, not the case in aftermarket usually).

XJ, ZJ, and WJ coils are longer than TJ (ie a stock XJ coil will lift a TJ ~1").

HTH.

-Chuck

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
You want to use Zj springs from a V8 as they will give you I think 2" of lift or there abouts, this if for the front only. As far as Ride Quality go's, its a jeep not a Lexus, so get over it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you take your springs from the front of YOUR jeep and jam them in the back... or get some coil spacers

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
swap in f/r coils from a V8 ZJ ... perfect fit ... netted me about 1.5" all around

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
You want to use Zj springs from a V8 as they will give you I think 2" of lift or there abouts, this if for the front only. As far as Ride Quality go's, its a jeep not a Lexus, so get over it.
ZJ rears work too ;)

might want to borrow a speing compressor, though :eek:

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
you take your springs from the front of YOUR jeep and jam them in the back... or get some coil spacers
Say what? Wrong size for that.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts