Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size torek will I need and what make of pads do people recommend? Any reason to go with one brand over another?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just installed Hawk LTS, so far so good, but too soon to tell

·
Banned
613 Posts
Ease over to TireRack.com and price Centric pads n rotors n calipers...Really good stuff...Centric loaded calipers AND Centric premium rotors for something like 160 bucks before shipping/

I just bought same and no regrets:)

If you are close to TireRack distro center like me, it's one day cheap shipping...yeah, no chit just one day shipping for UPS 5-7 day rate :)

Centric is hard to beat for OEM and better quality at much less than OEM prices

·
Banned
613 Posts
Any other sites besides tirerack.com?
Tons of sites.....do a little homework and expose part numbers..... There are VERY few actual makers of brake parts, so dig it out and discover who makes what then find cheapest place to buy same....Hint, it ain't Amazon :)

Look for total price shipped

·
Banned
613 Posts
Yeah, you run em there 2002tj or are you just talking smack?
Got them brand spanky new and they are stopping these big 35's like stock...Got tires and brakes all from TireRack.....$237 each on tires DELIVERED, and $200 DELIVERED on total new Centric premium brakes with new Centric 120 rotors and loaded calipers...loaded with Centric premium pads.....

Tirerack prices depend GREATLY on closest distro center and shipping...I got lucky cause my distro center is only hundred mikes up the road and
UPS picks up and delivers same day tween here n there.

Save your insulting comments. I spent the bucks so I can squawk.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Ah so you are running what you think are BM pads is all. Got it. See I thought you had bought some, ran them and then found pads that performed the same made by whomever. Or even better got some, identified who they were made by and got them directly from the manufacturer. My confusion then. :rofl:

·
Banned
613 Posts
Ah so you are running what you think are BM pads is all. Got it. See I thought you had bought some, ran them and then found pads that performed the same made by whomever. Or even better got some, identified who they were made by and got them directly from the manufacturer. My confusion then. :rofl:
Stay confused if you want, but remember this; If it stops and locks yer big tires into a skid, then it works....Ain't nothin 'magic' about it when the pedal to the metal talks.

IF, and I mean IF you ABSOLUTEY need more brakes, then consider VANCO big brakes.....but beware they are nothing more than OEM aimco brake dual calipers adapted at great effort to STOCK OEM knuckles and require you grind your hubs to accept the SLIGHTLY larger rotors and pads they offer.....They offer an $800 option compared to $200 buck Centrics.

Spend your money however you like.

Odds are, if I wasted 800 bucks on brakes,, I'd say they are the end all-do all too..yaknow?...Yup, they are 'magic' cause they cost me more...LOL:)

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I don't know where you see that I run the Vanco setup cause I don't. I have Black Magic pads in front and whatever was on my rear discs when I put them on. The fronts are just stock rotors too. My pads cost me less than $100 and I can lock my tires up at my leisure.

·
Banned
613 Posts
I don't know where you see that I run the Vanco setup cause I don't. I have Black Magic pads in front and whatever was on my rear discs when I put them on. The fronts are just stock rotors too. My pads cost me less than $100 and I can lock my tires up at my leisure.
Sober up Dude. Never said you ran Vanco brakes...If you wanna pay 100 bucks for 4 brake pads, go for it.....I ain't fooled by nothing 'magic', especially when they are nothing more than reboxed Centric stuff...The 'magic' seller even claims his pads contain Centric formulated materials...Well, YEAH they do cause they are nothing more than Centric reboxed at 3-4 times the price...DUH.

Research the part numbers yourself before you write the check. Pedigree is EVERYTHING......Results prove it.

I stop cheap and reliably...Deal with it

But I DO drink premium beer because it really does taste better

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sober up Dude. Never said you ran Vanco brakes...If you wanna pay 100 bucks for 4 brake pads, go for it.....I ain't fooled by nothing 'magic', especially when they are nothing more than reboxed Centric stuff...The 'magic' seller even claims his pads contain Centric formulated materials...Well, YEAH they do cause they are nothing more than Centric reboxed at 3-4 times the price...DUH.

Research the part numbers yourself before you write the check. Pedigree is EVERYTHING......Results prove it.

I stop cheap and reliably...Deal with it

But I DO drink premium beer because it really does taste better
TireRack list 2 different Centric Posi Quiet brake pads for a TJ. Posi Quiet Semi Metallic and Posi Quiet Ceramic pads. Which did you order?

·
Genius
20,964 Posts
Vendor bashing isn't tolerated here on WF. The next individual to do so will be banned. The bickering stops now or the thread is closed.

And before "someone" decides to post a retort to this post know that discussion or protesting moderator actions on the open forum will get you banned. Period.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The 1st 50,000 miles I ran the stock 31" tires, and then 33s till present , at 35,000 miles the OEM rear pads were shot.. I replaced them with generic ceramic pads for about $45 and now with 90,000 on the jeep those generic ceramic pads are less than half worn... The front pads were replaced with generic ceramic pads at 50,000 miles when I stepped up to 33" rubber. Those front pads are way less than half worn.. My recommendation would be ceramic pads.. You guys running huge rubber may want to upgrade your brakes a lot more than that. It's just a matter of how and where you want to spend your money..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.