Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Need to know if good jeep to buy 88 wrangler

969 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  coelement777
Hey, let me know watcha thing and if reasonable price? http://lakecharles.craigslist.org/cto/3915132604.html thanks!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Nice jeep. I would buy it if I didn't have one. I would try an talk em down a lil bit but nice.

· Registered
89YJ 4.2 - currently installing Sniper EFI. 4"lift, 33" tires, yada yada
166 Posts
Looks to be well taken care of, but its only a 4 cylinder just so your aware. Could be getting lose to a block and/or tranny rebuild.
That's a nice winch.

I wouldn't pay more than $4500 for it. 2.5 is a killer for me personally.

· Registered
1,353 Posts
I bought a 95 with 1/2 that many miles and a bad tranny 3 years ago for $1200...... just saying.....

· Mr Jeepy of California
465 Posts
If you want it that bad, buy it for the amount you are comfortable with but I personally would go no more than 4K and don't worry about the 2.5, having a Jeep to work on and make it your own is better then someone else's POS. Besides you can always drop a 4.0 in it for the right price, just depends if you want to do that much work.

· Registered
166 Posts
Besides you can always drop a 4.0 in it for the right price, just depends if you want to do that much work.
But then your getting into replacing the tranny, etc...
Not at that price. You can find a 4.0 or 4.2 for less.

This thing is over priced. Period. I'm sure someone will buy it, and that's fine. But if I'm being asked my opinion, I would pass.

· Mr Jeepy of California
465 Posts
But then your getting into replacing the tranny, etc...
Not at that price. You can find a 4.0 or 4.2 for less.

This thing is over priced. Period. I'm sure someone will buy it, and that's fine. But if I'm being asked my opinion, I would pass.
AX15 runs around 250 where I live.

· Registered
166 Posts
Used... Not rebuilt. And not installed. I'm guessing this guy isn't going to drop his own trans and install a new one. Let alone all the other work that it would need to switch to a 4.0.

Regardless... I'm passing on this one.

· Registered
308 Posts
Around here, that would be high for a four banger that's an '87 to boot. I just bought my four banger '93 for $2850. It's in a little worse condition but not that worse. Still, car prices, (Jeeps included), vary greatly based on location. I looked at where you are at and YJ prices are high. Are you near a major city? If you extend your search to a major city you can probably save yourself a grand or more. It would be worth the drive and gives you some awesome bonding time for the ride home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.