Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice jeep. I would buy it if I didn't have one. I would try an talk em down a lil bit but nice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks to be well taken care of, but its only a 4 cylinder just so your aware. Could be getting lose to a block and/or tranny rebuild.
That's a nice winch.

I wouldn't pay more than $4500 for it. 2.5 is a killer for me personally.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I bought a 95 with 1/2 that many miles and a bad tranny 3 years ago for $1200...... just saying.....

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
If you want it that bad, buy it for the amount you are comfortable with but I personally would go no more than 4K and don't worry about the 2.5, having a Jeep to work on and make it your own is better then someone else's POS. Besides you can always drop a 4.0 in it for the right price, just depends if you want to do that much work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Besides you can always drop a 4.0 in it for the right price, just depends if you want to do that much work.
But then your getting into replacing the tranny, etc...
Not at that price. You can find a 4.0 or 4.2 for less.

This thing is over priced. Period. I'm sure someone will buy it, and that's fine. But if I'm being asked my opinion, I would pass.

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
But then your getting into replacing the tranny, etc...
Not at that price. You can find a 4.0 or 4.2 for less.

This thing is over priced. Period. I'm sure someone will buy it, and that's fine. But if I'm being asked my opinion, I would pass.
AX15 runs around 250 where I live.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Used... Not rebuilt. And not installed. I'm guessing this guy isn't going to drop his own trans and install a new one. Let alone all the other work that it would need to switch to a 4.0.

Regardless... I'm passing on this one.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Around here, that would be high for a four banger that's an '87 to boot. I just bought my four banger '93 for $2850. It's in a little worse condition but not that worse. Still, car prices, (Jeeps included), vary greatly based on location. I looked at where you are at and YJ prices are high. Are you near a major city? If you extend your search to a major city you can probably save yourself a grand or more. It would be worth the drive and gives you some awesome bonding time for the ride home.

·
Registered
201 Posts
way too much money. I might pay $3500 for that, tops. If you keep looking youll find one with a 4.0 for what he is asking for that one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts