Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK just put a 5" rect scratch below the black paint in my plastic fender flare! Didn't buy them so have no idea what brand they are. They're black plastic tho. Probably about 4" or so wide. They just cover the 31 x 10.5 x 15 tires. Its a 00 tj. Anyone know how to fix or where to get just one? Thanx all

ForumRunner_20150323_124203.jpg

ForumRunner_20150323_124218.jpg

ForumRunner_20150323_124229.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Change it up a bit. Take them all off and use the Bedliner in a can and make them all the same. Put a clear coat over it if you want them glossy

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
If you want to keep the OEM appearance you can either find a used flare, or have that one repaired...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want to keep the OEM appearance you can either find a used flare, or have that one repaired...
OK great info guys! Didn't know it was a stock flare! Bedliner on all seems good. If I just wanna spray over the scratch, can I match somehow the black that's there now? Thanx!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK great info guys! Didn't know it was a stock flare! Bedliner on all seems good. If I just wanna spray over the scratch, can I match somehow the black that's there now? Thanx!
Hey while we're on the subject, per-say, thoughts, methods, etc to repaint fiberglass top shown here? BTW, just noticed in pic it shows up tan...its flat black lol!

ForumRunner_20150323_140401.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner for all of it. Buy lots of cans of it, the stuff is magic. You'll end up using it everything. For example: your scuffed up door handles and mirrors need some love.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner for all of it. Buy lots of cans of it, the stuff is magic. You'll end up using it everything. For example: your scuffed up door handles and mirrors need some love.
Kewl Thanx much. Is that a flat smooth kinda dull finish or is it bumpy? Thx

·
Registered
400 Posts
I used the Rustoleum truck bed liner in a can on my chrome mirrors and the finish is EXACTLY like a standard black plastic rear view mirror that you see on any car, truck or Jeep. It is NOT like the typical rough finish on a bedlined truck bed.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Yes you certainly can. Personally I would suggest you go that route vs bedliner....You have a sahara, the body matched fenders are a thing of pride :p Embrace the sahara pride :rofl:

You can buy matched paint in spraycans at automotive paint supply stores.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes you certainly can. Personally I would suggest you go that route vs bedliner....You have a sahara, the body matched fenders are a thing of pride :p Embrace the sahara pride :rofl:

You can buy matched paint in spraycans at automotive paint supply stores.
Yes that's what I was thinking. Thanx. Just picked up a can of I think its called "Perfect Match" by Dupli from Napa, think part # ends in 100. Its gloss black specifically for automotive. While I'm at it, what would you suggest for hardtop? Flat, semi, etc? Thanx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts