Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sank my Jeep and broke the transmission. It drove a couple weeks but started overheating very easily after a fluid flush. Anyway I rebuilt it and just put it back in and took it on a test drive. It started good but after I came to a stop, it seemed to lose all the torque and when I got home there was white smoke coming out from somewhere I couldn’t locate, anybody have some ideas. It’s a 32RH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
So I sank my Jeep and broke the transmission. It drove a couple weeks but started overheating very easily after a fluid flush. Anyway I rebuilt it and just put it back in and took it on a test drive. It started good but after I came to a stop, it seemed to lose all the torque and when I got home there was white smoke coming out from somewhere I couldn’t locate, anybody have some ideas. It’s a 32RH

What do you mean by sank your Jeep? Water... mud... How deep?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by sank your Jeep? Water... mud... How deep?

Muddy water was up to the front fender and when I checked the dipstick the tranny was full of mud. Hence me flushing it good and then eventually getting it rebuilt.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Yes I put an aluminum one from pep boys in but it isn’t super big or anything.

I was more worried about debris stuck in the original cooler..

How does the fluid look? The fluid level is correct.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
OK, so while we are waiting, fill in a little more. Did the shop install or you? Who supplied the torque converter? Who flushed the lines and cooler?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, so while we are waiting, fill in a little more. Did the shop install or you? Who supplied the torque converter? Who flushed the lines and cooler?

I just gave them the transmission and the steel lines attached to it and they rebuilt it then I installed it at home followed by adding a new cooler and new rubber lines to the cooler.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Not really anything we can do here.

Call the shop and work with them to get it handled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts