Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into a DIY clutch replacement project.

I have a 91 wrangler 4.0L. It has the internal clutch control unit (slave cylinder). I am losing clutch pedal. If replacing the master cylinder won't fix it I'll be wrenching on the jeep myself to do the slave cylinder and I'll replace the clutch while I'm in there. Local shops want over a grand to do a clutch job and reface the flywheel. That's a set of good mud tires in my book so I'm all for DIY. :punk:

I've searched the forums and of course I have a Haynes repair manual but didn't know if someone had a good online article and/or video or pictures on how to pull the tranny and do this yourself. Looking for a practical list of tools, etc needed for a guy doing it in his garage.

Any overall advice from members who have tackled a clutch job on a YJ would be much appreciated, particularly those of you that have done one with the internal slave and have replaced the pilot bushing, etc.

Thanks for your help and tips, they are priceless.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a 91 yj,have to do he same thing,shop I went to gave me a price of 600 dollars which I thought at the time was a lot,but a 1000 is a little much,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts