Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I need some new tires. Size 33x12.5x15's. My '02 is DD around town and a little highway but not much. I have narrowed it down to 3, Falken, BFG, and Cooper S/T. I like the reviews on the Falken but are a little heavier,not much, but I already have a winch on front and tire carrier on back. Cooper S/T's seem to have good reviews also but it seems everyone likes the BFG's. There isn't a big enough difference in price from my local tire store so that isn't an issue. Let me know which and why?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Duratrac, I got 5 in that size for 900 mounted. Plus 60 dollar rebate

·
Registered
663 Posts
A Vote here for BFG's. Ran them on my Cherokee and just fitted them to my TJ. Love them.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I currently have Duratracs, but have had Cooper S/Ts. It's a toss-up between the two for me. When I had them, the S/Ts were made in the U.S., not sure if they are anymore, but I'm also not sure where my Duratracs were made. If I knew one was made in the U.S. and the other was not, I'd by the US-made tire.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
i've run BFG AT's and Duratracs. Duratracs win hands down.

if you want 33x10.50R15, you're limited in selection a lot. BFG's, Toyo and a generic or two is pretty much it.

if you want 33x12.50R15, you've got a huge selection. BFG ATs would be pretty far down on the list for me in that size.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Duratracs. Great in just about everything especially on a Daily Driver. 30K on mine and still plenty of tread probably 55-60%.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
BFG A/T's are a great tire, but Duratracs are quiet on the road and you won't get stuck in the muck as much. BFG A/Ts turn into slicks in the mud. Duratracs will self clean. Both do well in the snow.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've ran BFG A/T's on my TJ ever since I've had it and they are a little more aggressive than many AT tires but still a great combination of on/off road traction. They also work great in snow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts