Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the throwout bearing has been going bad and it finally went out as I was headed to somewhere to look at it. I was kinda pissed, so I took it to a shop and they were working on it. I got a call and they said that another part is going bad. From how it was explained to me is it slides over the input shaft and the throwout bearing rests on it. Only thing I could think of is the shaft retainer. Am I right or wrong? The shop didnt know the answer either. So, if you guys could give me some help on what it is and where I can find one locally, it would be great. Otherwise, I am out a Jeep and thats just NO FUN!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
If it's the sleeve that the throwout bearing slides back & forth on, it would be the retainer...
Original Replacement Parts 5013306AA - Main Drive Gear Retainer for 00-04 Jeep® Wrangler TJ, 00-01 Cherokee XJ & 02-04 Liberty KJ with NV3550 Manual Transmission - Quadratec

If it's the lever that actually moves the throwout bearing back & forth on said sleeve, it would be the fork...
Original Replacement Parts 53006388 - Clutch Throwout Lever Fork for 94-13 Jeep® Wrangler YJ, TJ & JK, 94-01 Cherokee XJ, 93-98 Grand Cherokee ZJ & 02-12 Liberty KJ & KK - Quadratec

It is possible for either of these parts, or both, to be damaged when a throwout bearing disintegrates or locks-up. Heavy wear could also warrant replacement.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Re-reading your post, it sounds more like what you're describing is indeed the retainer. The only local sources I can think of would be either Hill-Kelly or Milton (the local Jeep dealers) or maybe Dacco. I'm not sure if Dacco does Manual transmission parts, but it's worth a phone call. Quadratec is generally about 3-4 days out from Pensacola with standard shipping.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your help Doug. And they know what the problem is, they just don't know the correct name for the part I need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts