Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok everyone i need some help. why are the Wet Okole neoprene seat covers soooo much more then Rugged Ridges, are they That much better???

Also just wondering is neoprene water resistant or water proof???

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the wet okole, and yes they are expensive....but I am VERY satisfied with them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had Wet Okole's and absolutely no issues with them, and yes water proof, their made from wet suit material, only way for water to get through is through an opening. I had them in Hawaii where I was diving almost every weekend and saved my seats from wet butt, and took all the abuse of spare equipment thrown on them. When I pick up my 12 that willl be the first mod.
Jerome

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Had the rugged ridge---and while not "bad" they seemed to me to "hold water" I have IG;s DIRTYMUDDERS now which are not meant to be water proof but are better for me.

IMO if you want the best probably will be the Wet Okele-for neoprene.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i've got wet okole's as well. i got mud on them last weekend and was able to lift out the mud with just water. awesome. you can also use wetsuit 'shampoo' on them but i didn't need it this time around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do the wet okole seat covers make you sweat? I have been holding off doing anything because I was afraid my back and butt would be soaking wet after a day in the Texas sun.

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
I plan on getting the wet okoles. Can't wait till I can order them.....been put on a budget.......:(

·
Registered
206 Posts
they do make you sweat a little. we had some 100 degree days here and that's when i noticed it but 85 and lower i'm good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
does anyone have the red WO neos? Does it match the red paint of our wranglers?

·
Statler & Waldorf Show
835 Posts
Yep' they do make you sweat but all neoperine will do it. I have WO's & like them a lot, even though I sit on a beach towel in the hot weather
This is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet on them. That, and wonder how well the heated seats work through another added layer. Keep checking their website every now and then and got samples a while back.

Hmm wonder about getting a beach towl and sewing on a little hood to quickly slip over the headrest to keep it in place lol.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts