Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to buy for my son's 97. Looking for Black/green combo.
Best Kind???
Where ya buy from?
Quality?
Price?
Pics if got.

Thanx

·
Knows a couple things...
49,409 Posts
I wouldn't install neoprene seat covers. Neoprene is not waterproof and if spilled liquids or rain isn't wiped off right away, it soaks in and will then take several days to dry out. Not to mention perspiration soaks into it too and it'll develop a nice odor to it. Plus the colors used on neoprene seat covers fade rapidly if they see much sun. Red turns pink, black turns purple, etc.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,409 Posts
Nope, neoprene is definitely not waterproof. Many people including some companies erroneously believe neoprene is but it's definitely not waterproof. Spilled liquids will bead up on it for a short period of time but it soaks in if it's not wiped away soon afterward.

Having owned 15-20 high quality neoprene wetsuits over the years, I will confirm that it takes 2-3 days for a soaked wetsuit to dry out. There's nothing like putting a still wet cold wetsuit on the next morning.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,409 Posts
Before switching to suspension seats that won't accept standard aftermarket seat covers, I used Bestop's vinyl seat covers on both of my TJs. They were textured to not feel slick like some vinyls can and they look good too. They fit like a glove. http://www.iggee.com/ makes popular seat covers that look like leather, they're really from just an especially nice grade of vinyl. Caution that at least one of their seat covers are neoprene, not something I'd go with.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
My LJ came with Neoprene covers front and rear and I'm about to take off the front. They don't 'breathe'. So when it gets warm, they contribute to swap ass. It's barely spring and the other day after an hour long ride, I got out and my back was all sweaty.

I'll leave them in the back because my kids like to spill stuff.

Best covers I've seen are the trek armor. They're pricey though.

http://www.trekarmor.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts