Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to take the top off, and have the dogs ride in the back. They do fine in my wife's Hyundai, but I fear that one of them would get scared without a top, and the other would try to jump at a stoplight. Does anyone make any sort of a net that would cover the sides and maybe the back, so I could keep one of them in, and give the other a slight sense of security? I saw a company that makes a cargo net, but at a $100+ is seems like I could achieve the same result but at a cheaper cost.

Thanks!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I bought the Motion-Tek cargo net. It is solid, priced well, and is not just "for looks". You want a net that mounts to the roll bars, not the tub like the side windows on a soft top where they clip under that rail at the top of the tub. For example (and if I'm wrong I apologize), the Smittybilt net appears to be nothing more than a vinyl decorative net that clips to the side of the tub. If you flop your jeep, anything with any weight to it is probably going to go through that net, if it doesn't cause it to unhook. Check out Motion-Tek, Safari straps, or Dirty Dog. All appear to be about the same quality and mount up basically the same.

Motion-Tek.com : Category : Jeep LJ 2004 - 2006

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Raingler makes the best Wrangler cargo nets that I have ever found:

But if you have a dog with a high flight instinct the best way to transport him is using some sort of tether that secures the dog to the vehicle because a really clever and motivated dog can get through any of the cargo netting systems I have seen. And tethers are not expensive compared to a quality netting system. Have fun with the dogs!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Aspen Manufacturing Co have a quality net product for jeeps and are good people to work with as far as buying a net product.I don't remember what I paid but have been very satisfied.My son also got a set for his big boxer.Good luck finding what you want!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just have the smitty one. The dog is crazy nuts about the jeep. He can stick his head though the hole of the netting until it hits his chest, hanging over side blowing snot everywhere. Great fun, highly suggested for the pawed ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts