Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking and sorry if this is dumb but why is there neutral on the transfer case??? Is it so you can tow your Jeep and with out it reading the odometer?

Another thing if you took the speedo completely out of your Jeep would it read the miles? I know it would not for speed but what about the odometer? May sound dumb but just want to know?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Neutral on the t case is for towing, if you remove spedo gear both the spedo and odomiter won't work. Also if your gears are stock but your tires are bigger that will affect your spedo/odomiter

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neutral on the t case is for towing, if you remove spedo gear both the spedo and odomiter won't work. Also if your gears are stock but your tires are bigger that will affect your spedo/odomiter
Ya, I noticed that the speed is off by 5-6 MPH. I need a 36 tooth I believe, I have one of those radar traffic speed signs right down my street so it reminds me every time I drive past...

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Lucky I got a spedo sensor so I would have to buy a converer box

1 - 4 of 4 Posts