Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:whistling: Back to Nevada and for the one or two of you that might wonder !

I got 15.2 mpg coming from Nevada, 224 miles and this time I'll checkit going back up-

Probably 14. ??--we'll see how my 5.38s do climbing mountain freeways-

CIAO

--JIMBO

·
The Bad Guy
23,178 Posts
Who are you again?

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Have......

a good and safe trip and Happy New Year! Keep in touch while U are gone :wavey:

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
I don't know who that guy is, but he runs a kick -ass Jeep!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Good luck on your trip. Where in Nevada are you traveling to? I live in Minden, the weather is at least looking great for you considering we haven't gotten didily squat for precipitation.
Bon voyage!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Be careful at the top of the mountains, Jimbo, I hear those strong gears have so much "umph" that they may propel you right off of the top and you'll take off like a plane.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Be careful at the top of the mountains, Jimbo, I hear those strong gears have so much "umph" that they may propel you right off of the top and you'll take off like a plane.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:D Thanx guys, it was an uneventful trip 3-1/2 hrs, very little snow at DONNER, but still snow in the N/E side of the mountains=

OK My trip DOWN from 4200 ft to 7000 ft to sea level(two weeks ago), was 15.2 mpg (math figured) and

This trip from sealevel, to 7000 ft to 4200 ft--with the jeep loaded (GVW-5500lbs), resulted in 223.3 miles and 14.99 gals=----14.89 mpg-

a good and safe trip and Happy New Year! Keep in touch while U are gone :wavey:
Thanx willee

I don't know who that guy is, but he runs a kick -ass Jeep!
Thankyou strider

Good luck on your trip. Where in Nevada are you traveling to? I live in Minden, the weather is at least looking great for you considering we haven't gotten didily squat for precipitation.
Bon voyage!

I have a house in Fernley and I 80 runs right thruit--so does a river (truckee river)--hey isn't that where they filmed that move /w Brad Pit--

--A RIVER RUNS THRU IT--well, maybe not !

Heh Heh, probably not, but the 5.38s really helped the auto engine braking coming down the hills-at 70 mph

Heh Heh, my son wanted to get one of the "PREDATORS" at Indian Springs, painted "Detonator yellow", but the Base CMDR said-"Maybe you'd like to spend all year in afghanastan, instead of 4 months" :rofl:

I'll be back on line, if I ain't lookin for snow back above Truckee !

CIAO

:dance::rofl: JIMBO !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts