Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
For the Spring Mountains National Recreation Area, the US Forest Service has their official MVUM (motor vehicle use map) available online here...

MVUM - Spring Mountians.

It is the official map that USFS uses to manage/enforce motorized vehicle use.

You can pick up a free paper copy at the BLM/USFS office at,,,
4701 N Torrey Pines Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89130
Phone (702) 515-5400

BTW - USFS has developed, or is in the process of developing these maps for all National Forests. Here is a link to the master list of MVUMs... US Forest Service MVUM by State and Forest

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another great resource thanks for sharing..

Where can I find a map of all the listed trail systems I see when I'm out?

For the Spring Mountains National Recreation Area, the US Forest Service has their official MVUM (motor vehicle use map) available online here...

MVUM - Spring Mountians.

It is the official map that USFS uses to manage/enforce motorized vehicle use.

You can pick up a free paper copy at the BLM/USFS office at,,,
4701 N Torrey Pines Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89130
Phone (702) 515-5400

BTW - USFS has developed, or is in the process of developing these maps for all National Forests. Here is a link to the master list of MVUMs... US Forest Service MVUM by State and Forest

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Where can I find a map of all the listed trail systems I see when I'm out?

What trail systems are you specifically referring to?

Beyond the official USFS maps mentioned above that cover the states of Nevada and California US Forest Service administered lands, BLM (Bureau of Land Management) has surface recreation maps available online and at their field offices.

Unfortunately, these maps aren't free. I've got a set of around 15 BLM maps that just cover southern Nevada and the eastern edge of California along the Nevada border. The maps show all the open routes into the desert, and have local recreation/historical information for mapped locations. They also show the numerous wilderness areas that are restricted from motorized recreational use. Without these maps, you can get into the wilderness if it's not well marked on the ground, and if caught be subject to substantial fines.

For Nevada, all BLM maps are available at the same Torrey Pines address listed above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts