Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will having only 3.21 with 35s prevent me from being able to off-road? Will I get stuck and embarrassed on the beach?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will having only 3.21 with 35s prevent me from being able to off-road? Will I get stuck and embarrassed on the beach?
I want to go to Uwharrie here to do some easy trails and I'm going to Topless Day in May and I don't want to make an a$$ out of myself. Lol

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yes and no. It depends on where you wheel it. Air down and stay off the deep dunes you should be fine. Even if you had 4.56 gears and 37's you could still get stuck. When I was a kid, my buddy and I stuck his mother's Buick in a dune near St. Augustine. That was after hours of "wheeling it". We went embarrassed too much plus we met a couple of girls that we ended up taking out that evening through the whole experience. Go have fun and don't worry. If you get stuck I am sure there are enough folks around willing to lend a helping hand. We have all been there one time or another.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Will having only 3.21 with 35s prevent me from being able to off-road?
the only thing that will prevent you from offroading is yourself.

i run 3.21 factory gears and 35s until i can regear. keep it in lo range and go have fun

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
in wheeling, good judgement is based on experience

experience is gleaned from bad judgement

Pilots say any landing you walk away from is a good landing.
Experienced pilots say that any landing you can reuse the airplane is a good landing.

Jeeping is a bit like that.

And finally: are you more concerned about 'having fun' or 'being embarrassed'?

Make sure your Jeep is fueled up and your towing insurance is paid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts