Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were on the way home in my 2014 4 door rubicon. 18 wheeler blew a tire and the whole outer ring made a direct hit on the windshield. Me and wife are fine

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's ugly. Did the driver keep going? They need to outlaw recaps.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Good thing you didn't scream like a woman and then swerve all over the road until you hit something....LOL

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tint my entire front windshield 50 percent and i believe that kept the glass more intact. I had a hole where my rearview mirror was.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
That is TERRIBLE!!! Glad you are both okay!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, glad to hear that you both are okay! That would have been super scary - I would need a new seat in addition to the new windshield!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Will you be able to get your Jeep upright again?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Did the truck driver stop? My wife was driving our new ,[at the time]'95 XJ and a recap piece flew off the semi in front of her and took rear-view mirror off and messed up the whole driver's side body work. The guy didn't stop even though my wife tried to flag him down. I called the Trucking Co. and they said it was my word against theirs and driver didn't report an incident. Cops pretty much said the same thing and my insurance eventually covered it under 'comprehensive' with a lot larger deductible. Thank God, you guys came out OK, as it could've turned out lots worse. I guess, in the end that's all that really matters.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow, that is outright frightening. That's about as close to you-know-what as I've seen. If she wasn't killed, she could have been in rehab for 6 months. You should send that story to Jeep.

Enjoy your new lives...and make a difference!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like it did exactly what it was supposed to do. Happy you both are Okay. Be glad you weren't on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Glad you guys are OK. Now go change your underwear.:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally home with a new windshield. Now just have to replace windshield wiper and rubber bumpstop on the hood.i tint my windshield 50 percent due to a bad eye and i believe that helped hold the glass together.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Finally home with a new windshield. Now just have to replace windshield wiper and rubber bumpstop on the hood.i tint my windshield 50 percent due to a bad eye and i believe that helped hold the glass together.
Per dot, windshields are layered with a film already. Glad everyone was ok.
Many years ago I took a tire iron into my hood and bumper of my 67 mustang. It fell out of a truck in front of me, and with power drums all around, u don't brake quick...ever!
Troy

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Bless your bad eye - that tint saved you guys. As good as safety glass is about things, it would have broken away completely without the tint re-enforcing the backside.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A chilling story from today kinda similar to mine. I had a friend get killed today in his truck when a piece of rebar fell off of a truck and came through his windshield. Makes me wonder what if the tire would have had the rim attached. So thankful for the little things in life. RIP Rudy.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
A chilling story from today kinda similar to mine. I had a friend get killed today in his truck when a piece of rebar fell off of a truck and came through his windshield. Makes me wonder what if the tire would have had the rim attached. So thankful for the little things in life. RIP Rudy.

Sorry to hear about your friend :(

I've never lost a friend, I can't imagine loosing one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts