Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Well tire balls suck... I've used em in my race bike and they blew out the back tire mid-race.... And it's happenned to my friends too.

Then you have bib mousse, which is basically a solid foam insert. Problem with that is you can't adjust air pressure. Can't see how it would be any different putting foam in vehicle tires.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the pvc run flats actually looks like a pretty good option.

Im surprised the tire balls didnt work, field and stream made them look invincible but i guess they were just paid off haha

are there any other options for a "flatless tire" it seems like we should have a solution by now.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Honestly that stuff just can't compare to a tire that you can regulate air pressure.... Tire balls and foam inserts give you like 10 psi or less... Its just not as versatile as a tube is.

But if you don't worry about pressure that much I can't see why you shouldn't put them in a vehicles tires. Only other thing about foam is it creates friction and wears down. Lower speed rating and all that. But on a jeep that's nothin haha

·
Registered
694 Posts
I used them a few times for some hardcore endurocross racing. They are a pain to install and you need a special valve to inflate them. These don't prevent flats they just allow you to temporarily run on a underinflated tire. Tire balls are tough but can still be punctured easily. I ran both motos with them and without them. They don't prevent flats.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dosnt sound like their that great then.

I emailed the company and they said they make them for up to a 42" tire but of course it is more expensive and he also said you have it will be difficult to install because of the air pressure.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have bib mousse on my KTM EXC, I love them. No more fixing flats on the trail. I would buy them again.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Crashthings said:
I have bib mousse on my KTM EXC, I love them. No more fixing flats on the trail. I would buy them again.
Yup I have a bib in one of my spare rims... Just for trail riding. That current one has lasted me over a year! You get your money's worth out of it!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Why would you want tired balls? I don't get it...

·
Registered
694 Posts
AUTO and SUV by Inovex Industries, Inc.

This stuff looks pretty good. It's like slime but supposedly better. Has anyone tried it?

Anyone know what the military actually uses to prevent flats because all these companies are claiming they use there product.

Sorry to say but Mlitary Vehicles still get flats. Nothing will prevent flats in a pnuematic tire, only reduce the likelihood of a flat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts