Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read what a Chrysler spokesman said about pricing on the 07s. They have droped the price on the new wranglers. Looks like about 10% across the board. The new models are the X, Sahara and Rubicon, with all avialiable in the unlimited and 4 door models. You can order packages A, B, C. These include some really nice items, wheels are 16" std, up to 18" avail. Any axle you want, various ratios, side air bags, skids and side bars, looks like you can order a crawler straight from the factory.
I just bought an 06, wish I had waited...

·
Registered
492 Posts
think you'll be able to swap body fronts to the old flat style which we all love and adore?

·
Registered
82 Posts
A few things that I dont like about them...

1: Why change the style... we have all loved the Wrangler for so many years and now they are going to try and modernize it?

2: 4 doors???? that is just stupid... back seat passengers are supposed to have to climb through the back or up over the top! not have their own doors.... very dumb!

I just have 1 thing to say about the new style..... Soccer Mom! They are trying to modernize an already perfect thing in the hopes that more soccer moms and families will buy them! Might as well have made a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Mini Van!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think jeep is on the right track, they are trying to broaden their customer base yet still keep a rugged vehicle, they also must conform with ever tightening government standards, ie. emmisions, crash testing, fuel economy, change is inevitable. I sold my 98 xj for 06 unlimited I wanted the offroad capability but need the room for my hunting dogs and all my gear the four doors really came in handy on my xj, now that they have both 2 AND 4 doors I think it will really bring more people into the jeep world that did not buy a jeep because of the space restrictions. I was going to wait for the 07 but I wanted the I6 and I like the looks of the unlimited, got a good deal on it also, I am a little cramped for space but I will manage.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I read in the consumer reports that they are replacing the inline 6 with the 3.8 v6 that goes in there minivans. Not sure if this is a smart idea. My previous experience with the 3.8 was that they are not very dependable. Better on gas mileage but definately not as much torque on the low end or dependability.

·
Registered
529 Posts
That is true but the motor has been out for awhile, maybe they got the reliability issues ironed out

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
well it looks like were gonna see a bunch of rich kid preps in the jeeps now though! with there bling bling tryin to pimp!

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
There's two ways of looking at that. It may boost sales, which still motivates aftermarket companies to develop parts and equipment and accessories.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I have been looking to pick up a TJ for awhile now. I have been thinking I might hold out and see what the new Wrangler is about first though. Off hand, it seems to be not appealing. I remember the YJ was the red-headed step-child when it was released because of the square headlights. Yes, HEADLIGHTS! of all things. Then the TJ suffered the same criticism because of the coils. You would think that jeepers would be more open to change, since a big part of jeeping is making a jeep your own way.

At some point, the new Wrangler is going to be accepted by the jeep community and it will have it's place in the forum above the TJ,YJ, and CJ sections.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
One good rule of thumb, Dont buy the first model year of a new design. Give them some time to find and fix the problems. I might just be paranoid, but I worked for GM when the SS454 came out and it was a pile of junk. Main bearing knocking on most of them right off the truck. I might pick up the 4 door for vacation in the future but the TJ stays, I have been even looking at a YJ with a blown engine for 1500. Might end up being one big happy jeep family.:)

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
yeah, I'm not really in the market for the new Jeep, but I am in the market for a newer Jeep. I've been looking for the right one for awhile now, so I have patience.

I think I'm going to pass on the TJ I've been looking at. I don't wabt to offend any of the TJ guys, but I can't find one that I like even half as much as my YJ.

The right one is out there somewhere, but I at this point in my life, I can afford to be picky.

·
6,177 Posts
I bought and drove a 89 Blazer 4x4 for two years while I was looking for my jeep. Actually it was a pretty decent truck and with 180k on it when I bought it, I never had any problems with it. But - It Wasn't A Jeep!

·
6,177 Posts
bigjeep said:
nope im glad i got the 06...the 07's are UGLY
I kinda like it. Imagine it with a great bumper and a couple of other mods, like a roof rack and a little lift and it will improve it a lot.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Dare2BSquare said:
I kinda like it. Imagine it with a great bumper and a couple of other mods, like a roof rack and a little lift and it will improve it a lot.

i guess it would look better with some mods but how long will it be before they have aftermarket parts for it? well considering rough country already has a lift out for the new FJ cruiser i guess it won't be too long

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
anybody know what size tires the new 07 rubicons come with? i've heard 32's but my buddy keeps bragging that hes gettin his in november and that they have 33's

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
bigjeep said:
anybody know what size tires the new 07 rubicons come with? i've heard 32's but my buddy keeps bragging that hes gettin his in november and that they have 33's
LT225/75/17 BFG MTs is what comes on the Rubicon in 2007.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts