Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LJ wonders a bit.. Its got worn goodrich all terrains 33x12.5.x15's on her and she wonders a bit, rougher ride.. it also ha a 3" rancho suspension.

I need to place new ones on it and am looking at the Duratrac's. Who has the Duratracs in the same size that can tell me how their jeep tracks and rides..

Opinions?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I have a 2010 JKU, but I have 33x12.5R15 DuraTracs on it. I commute 70 highway miles a day and they're great.

The only complaint I've heard from some folks is that they have trouble balancing DuraTracs in that size. However, I've never had any problems and I'm going on about 15k miles at this point and two tire rotations.

·
Administrator
30,785 Posts
My LJ wonders a bit.. Its got worn goodrich all terrains 33x12.5.x15's on her and she wonders a bit, rougher ride.. it also ha a 3" rancho suspension.

I need to place new ones on it and am looking at the Duratrac's. Who has the Duratracs in the same size that can tell me how their jeep tracks and rides..

Opinions?
If you need new rubber than the Duratrac's are the way to go, but in the meantime, check your tire pressure. By what you are describing, it sounds like they may be a bit over inflated. I see this often when someone buys a used Wrangler. Car lots and even Jeep dealerships tend to inflate to the pressure listed on the door frame. Take them down to about 30psi and see if that doesn't cure the rough ride and help with the sway as well.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Another vote for Duratracs and there will be many...and some will say there are others that are the same...but IDK about that, think if they were the same would call them Duratracs......?

Anyway my '04 TJ has ran Bfg's ATs since it had 20K miles (3 sets) than about a month ago at 157K I went to cragar soft8s (15x8), BL, MML to go with my OME lift..and 33x12.5x 15 Duratracs.

The shop that did the tires cautioned me that there MIGHT be issues with balance and wobble...I have had NO problems. I wheeled it 2 weeks after install... heavy soupy mud, lots of wheel spin...no problem. Highway speeds no problem ('cept I need to regear have 3.73s) and it doesn't wander...and the ride is as good as my '12 JK but that is a subjective thing.

I am running 28psi in the Duratracs, my Jeep is an '04 TJ Sport 5speed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts